• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

questions?

JOANNEL

<font color=deeppink>DVC MEMBER 6/02<br><font colo
I am hoping some of you old timers can help us newbies!
I bought in last summer on our cruise. Our year is Feb. If we want to cruise in the summer of 2004:
1. When do I need to bank this years points by.
2. Can I also borrow from 2005 and use all of 2004 and the banked ones from 2003.
3.When can i book it.

Thanks for all your help. This is very confusing. We have booked a room in Disney land this summer and used a few of our points.

You have until July 31 to bank all of your 2003 points.

Yes, you will the use of all 2003 (banked) points, all 2004 points and may borrow 2005 points for a cruise in summer 2004.

You can book it 11 months ahead, but there have been reports about being able to book some cruises 14 months ahead using points. Perhaps someone else has more info on that.

Enjoy! :)

Let's walk through it.

You just got Feb. 2003 points that can be used through Jan. 2004.

You want to cruise in summer 2004.

You'll get points in Feb. 2004 that you can use.

You can borrow points from Feb. 2005 when you book the trip.

If you'll need 100% of this year's points, you must call MS and bank the points no later than July 31. From Aug. 1-Oct. 31, you could bank 50% of your total points. During the month of November, you could bank 25% of your points. From December 1 to January 31, you may not bank any points.

You can book the cruise 11 months in advance.

You both make it sound so easy. Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter