Questions....

caraimee

Earning My Ears
1) I'm debating if we should do WDW before or after the cruise? What do you think?

2) Trip Insurance....We just transfer our Dream sailing date from June to August. Would I still be able to find a trip insurance that will cover our whole trip cost, including airfare, hotels, rental cars, cruise, pre-existing condition, etc since I changed my cruise date? I looked at insuremytrip and I am lost! I have no idea what to look for, etc. Please help!

Thanks!

Most people prefer to do WDW before the cruise since it can be a workout walking all around the parks for a few days.....the cruise after gives you time to unwind and really relax after all that running around at WDW.

But some people do it the other way around with WDW after the cruise and some tack on days before AND after!!!

As far as insurance it should not matter that you changed your cruise date (if you have not purchased insurance yet). I have used Access America and Travel guard from Insuremytrip.

I put in the total cost per person for our whole trip, air, hotel, cruise, etc. I mainly look for medical evacuation if I should get hurt on an island and need medical care back in the states. An air evacuation could cost upwards of 10's of thousands of dollars. I also look for trip interruption. Most policies have everything you would need but there are differences in what they will cover so you do have to do some research.

MJ

I'm not sure how many days you are planning to do WDW, but here is my experience...

We did WDW before our cruise for 5 days and were so exhausted by the time we got to the cruise that we didn't fully enjoy it. Now, there were a couple of factors that contributed to this: 1) it was our honeymoon so we had been up for over 24 hours with the wedding before the trip; 2) my Hubby had never been so we did the parks on a completely commando touring style.

This time we are going to stay for a night before the cruise to rest, then the cruise with a sea day to allow a day to rest and then WDW.

Not sure if this helps - either way just relax and enjoy the moments :goodvibes

1) I'm debating if we should do WDW before or after the cruise? What do you think?

Thanks!

I've done both and my favorite is to do WDW before the cruise. In 2008, we completely wore ourselves out doing everything in the parks and then relaxed on the cruise. By the time we arrived home we were well rested. It was just perfect.

Later that same year, we did WDW before and after the cruise and came home exhausted because we were running around the parks before and after the cruise just so we could "experience" everything they had to offer. I needed a vacation from my vacation.

If given the choice, I would do WDW before and relax on the cruise.

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter