• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions - what to do in Fla. day before cruise

bmalina

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

So we just booked our first Disney Cruise. Going on the Fantasy for 7 days starting Nov. 29.

Here's my question,we're likely flying into florida on thursday before we go, looking for recommendations on how to spend our day Friday.

We're huge DisneyWorld fans, but with only 1 day is that worth it?

Other options include Universal Studios or maybe Legoland? We've been to Universal a few times and like it, we've never been to legoland.

Wondering since it's the day after Thanksgiving if crowds at WDW would be too big?

Thanks!

Brian

Since it's Thanksgiving week all he parks are likely to be busy. Depending on your family a day at Downtown Disney or shopping at the local outlet malls maybe the way to go. I'd wait on any shopping outings until the afternoon though since it'll be Black Friday with lots of sales and crazy people shopping, that being said by afternoon those people are all home usually sleeping to recover from a full night of shopping so the stores should be quieter.

Legoland is nice if you have age appropriate kids but remember that it is not really close to Disney, it's about an hour drive to get there.

Thanks Tiff!

My son is 11 years-old, so he's right on the edge of legoland. We're going down with two other families, we'll have three 11 years (2 boys, 1 girl).
I didn't think of downtown disney that's a good idea.

We are spending our pre-cruise day at Kennedy Space Center as we are sailing out of Port Canaveral. Our 7 year old daughter is very excited to see astronaut 'stuff'.

If it were me, I would stay the night at AS Sports and spend the day going to other resorts and looking at all the Christmas decorations.

The gingerbread creations are awesome. There is a gingerbread house at Grand Floridian where you can buy gingerbread cookies.

Animal Kingdom Lodge has the animals and artifacts. Lots of fun watching the animals. AKL is a very interesting resort to walk around in. Go up and down the corridors and look at everything.

Fort Wilderness is fun to walk around.

Since there are 3 of you, I would use Disney transportation all the way around if you are flying in. ME from the airport to the resorts is free.

That is what I would do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter