• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

questions?Shrimp?Movies?Anna?Bingo?

LILRERE

Mouseketeer
We leave for our first Disney cruise next week. And I have a few questions.
My son LOVES grilled shrimp do they it at dinner or at Cabanas?
When movies are playing on board does that mean in the theatre or can we watch the movies in our room?
And I know I have heard that Anna was on board the Dream but wondered if she is still on board?
Cost of Bingo? Every cruise I have played Bingo on I have won so thought I might try my luck again! :banana:
Sorry for all the questions!! Thanks in advance!:dance3:

We leave for our first Disney cruise next week. And I have a few questions.
My son LOVES grilled shrimp do they it at dinner or at Cabanas?

I know on embarkation in Cabanas but think most lunch times

When movies are playing on board does that mean in the theatre or can we watch the movies in our room?

All room and in Cinema and sometimes theater.

And I know I have heard that Anna was on board the Dream but wondered if she is still on board?

Not aware.

Cost of Bingo? Every cruise I have played Bingo on I have won so thought I might try my luck again! :banana:

Think $30 Lowest through $50 to $60, depends on what you buy and use.
Sorry for all the questions!! Thanks in advance!:dance3:

Answers above.

Does the shrimp have to be grilled? They have lots of peel-and-eat shrimp on ice at the lunch buffets.

There were a couple entrees that included a few grilled shrimp @ dinner on our Fantasy cruise last week.
However @ Cabanas every lunch had tons of peel & eat shrimp every day !
Perhaps Cabanas may have had grilled shrimp @ dinner buffet some night (s) but never looked there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Slight clarification the movies "playing on board" the new releases in the theaters and scheduled are not available in the staterooms.

You can watch an extensive list of movies on board in your room but usually older, so you won't be able to access frozen in your room for ex

There were a couple entrees that included a few grilled shrimp @ dinner on our Fantasy cruise last week.
However @ Cabanas every lunch had tons of peel & eat shrimp every day !
Perhaps Cabanas may have had grilled shrimp @ dinner buffet some night (s) but never looked there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Cabanas doesn't have a buffet for dinner. It's a sit-down dinner with a selection of dishes taken from the MDR menus.

Thanks everyone for all the answers!:flower3:
As far as grilled shrimp my son just turned 6 this week so he is not the best at peeling but we can peel them for him! He just discovered his love for shrimp and my mom told him he could have all the shrimp he wanted on the cruise :sad2: so just did not want him to be disappointed!
That stinks that we can not watch Frozen/Thor in the room!:sad1: I was hoping that we could watch it at night when the kiddos were sleeping but that is why we are bringing the grandparents!!:rotfl2:

Don't think you will see grilled shrimp. You will see lots of chilled peel and eat. Interesting tid bit we learned on the galley tour of the Fantasy, all of the shrimp on the ship on precooked before being brought on board to reduce the risk of food poisoning. We were told that a long time ago there was a sailing on the Magic or Wonder (can't remember which one they said) where there was cross contamination between cooked and raw shrimp and many passengers got sick. Since that time only pre-cooked allowed onboard.

You can call DCL 2 weeks before your cruise and they will tell you the movies playing on board. These are only in the theaters but they do have late showings 1030 pm. As for the cost of bingo it starts at $30 for paper 6 cards for 4 games. Then it goes up to $ 70 for family pack. Plus lots of in between. They also have the electronic hand sets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter