• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions re. booking at villa?

Astrid

<font color=9933CC>Shoot for the moon. Even if you
Hi all :cheer2:

We're planning on going back next February and want to stay in a villa again. Sadly, the one we stayed in last year at Sunset Lakes is already booked :sad1:

So we're looking to stay in the same, sort of, location and I've been trawling around searching for some. I've found a few a really like so far but what sort of questions should I be asking the owners? I realise that seems a dumb question from someone who's already stayed twice in a villa:confused: but I'm so nervous about booking a villa that's likely to be sold on or by a disreputable owner - I know I know I'm probably being waaayyy over cautious here!!

Just wondered if anyone had any hints and tips of things to look for on villa websites and good questions to ask the owners?

Ta ever so! Also, if anyone has any recommends of 4/5 bed villas around the Sunset Lakes/Formosa Gdns/ etc etc area that would be great.

Cheers guys :banana:

The questions we usually ask are:-

When were the pictures on the website taken?
When was the last time the owner stayed there?
What and when was the last item of furniture replaced?
If wanting pool heating ask if gas or electric, and ask to what temp is it heated to?
Is the house for sale, or do you have any current plans to sell?

Also ask for a copy of the terms and conditions
Check the county tax records to make sure they are the owners

I am sure many others will chip in with their suggestions

Paul

I think Paul has already covered anything I would suggest :)

One other suggestion would be to get details of the Management Company they use (just another point of reference to confirm they are the owners and have the place cared for).

For recommendations have a read at the Hotel and Accommodation Reviews on the main forum Orlando Hotels and Attractions section - great for first hand experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter