• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions, please help!

apugslife

Earning My Ears
Hi evereyone! I have enjoyed reading your post for quite a while now and have a few inportant questions to ask. First I will give you a brief intro about us so it can help you answer. I have never been to DW and will either be 26 or 27 when we go (depending on time of year) and my dh has been once when he was younger he will be 34 during this trip. Our child will be anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2. Both dh and I are kids at heart and will probably never 'grow up'!

My 1st ? What would be the best time to go? We are considering weather (not too muggy, but still warm enough to swim in pools) and crowds (prefer the less crowded times). January, Late April, May, Early June, Sept, Oct, Nov, or Dec before Christmas?

Next, what parks would be good for a child of that age and can you think of anything else in the surrounding areas for them to enjoy?

Last, We are looking for a hotel that has attractive rooms either in WDW or nearby and a nice pool. We are driving so transportation is no issue.

Thank you so very much for your input. I am hoping to get a lot of replies to compare different peoples feelings on these topics. Thanks again!

Stephanie

I'd probably pick either early Oct or early Nov. A visit to MK is obvious but also don't rule out Epcot. There are lots of performers out in the WS and quite a few characters as well. We got to spend a lot of time with Pooh and Eeyore in the UK. If your child watches Playhouse Disney than a visit to MGM is a good idea. I'd recommend the WL for a hotel. It's small for a WDW resort with easy boat access to MK and the monorail as well as bus transport to the other parks. As far as other things to do in the area we went to the Orlando Science Center when DD was 2 1/2. She really enjoyed it and it was a nice change of pace.

ok first: Nov-Jan will probably be too cold for swimming, you only see those crazy 10-ish year olds willing to get in and out at that time of year. I would go in April (but not before or after Easter), May or Sept, when school is in session and crowds are lower.

second: Youll probably have the most fun at the MK and AK for your toddler, but there is fun to be had at all places.

Last, stay with Disney. Now that that is our of the way the yacht and beach clubs have the best ranked family pool at WDW, called storm along bay (or SAB). I would reccommend staying in a one bedroom villa at the beach club, so you can put the baby to bed, close the door and still have conversations.

I just wanted to say thanks to the 2 great people who have responded already. Please keep the suggestions coming! We are really getting excited about this trip and are thinking of staying at a few different hotels while there. We will just change to a new one every few days to get different experiences. We are now definitely considering Late April, May, Sept, or Oct. I don't want to chance it being cold and we love to swim!

Stephanie:wave:

If you want to change hotels, stay on site. The resorts will move you from one to the other. There are some great choices and depending on your budget, something for everyone. WL is our favorite. It is a low end deluxe. it's a great choice for toddlers, but if budget allows, a monorail resort is great too.
As for the parks, for a first family vacation, I would stick to WDW. There is more to do there than any one can get done. There are things in all four parks that your little one will love. There are other non- park activites for days out of the parks too. A character meal is a must for a little one too. Happy planning and keep comming back with the questions.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter