• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

questions on wedding adding and reception at animal kingdom

Lilacs chosen

live each moment to the fullest
we are thinking of doing our wedding in the animal kingdom does anyone know of any places we can hold a wedding there? also we would like to find a nearby place for the reception but want something big enough for a dance any ideas?

I heard you can do a ceromony in Belvedere court located in the maharjan jungle trek ruins area. I believe I read it was a $3,000 site fee. I also saw pictures of one done near Tamu Tamu in a smoking section area that was turned into a ceromony site. Both look real pretty. That is what I want to do to, but my wedding will be another 2 years away.

If you check out Disney Meetings, they have additional venues that aren't listed on the Disney weddings website. Also try to find Amanda (aka MainStMandy) in less than a week she's getting married and having her reception at Tamu Tamu Courtyard. She doesn't have a PJ anymore, but she still posts on the boards, and you could try to PM her.

Also check out this link: AK

or

Theme Park Venues

Hi there!! We are having our reception at AK and the ceremony at the WP.

Our F&B minimum is $2500 and our venue fee is only $250. You are a bit restricted on music depending on when you do it. We are having our reception duruing EMH so we couldn't have a DJ or anything. Due to the smaller size of our wedding (35 guests) we chose just to bring in an IPOD with a docking station. We are getting married on the 3rd so we'll have pictures after that. Good luck!!

we are thinking of doing our wedding in the animal kingdom does anyone know of any places we can hold a wedding there? also we would like to find a nearby place for the reception but want something big enough for a dance any ideas?

Do you like Dinosaurs? They have a venue located in DinoLand USA in the Dino Institute. Skeletons and such, looks like a fun place to have a reception. :love:

Our F&B minimum is $2500 and our venue fee is only $250. You are a bit restricted on music depending on when you do it. We are having our reception duruing EMH so we couldn't have a DJ or anything. Due to the smaller size of our wedding (35 guests) we chose just to bring in an IPOD with a docking station. We are getting married on the 3rd so we'll have pictures after that. Good luck!!

Thanks I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics who's doing your photos? are you having any videography? I'm looking for someone that can do that too thanks

Thanks I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics who's doing your photos? are you having any videography? I'm looking for someone that can do that too thanks

We are having photography and videography for the wedding only. Since outside photographers are not allowed at in-park venuse. We decided to forgo the photographer for the reception. We are just relying on our guest pictures :goodvibes

We are having our reception at Tamu Tamu at DAK after hours and were just told that we could not use an iPod docking station due to "the guests who are in the area and can potentially hear the event". I plan on calling our consultant tomorrow to remind her that our event is starting at 7pm and guests should not be at the park. They said it would be $2500 for a DJ and that's more than we are willing to pay.

I hope this is just a misunderstanding. The inconsistancy is a little obnoxious. I'm still hopeful though :confused3

So the ipod might disturb guests but a dj would be fine? Wow!
A DJ/iPod dock can be used once the park is closed. When the park is open you're not allowed to have music coming over the speakers that doesn't match the theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter