Questions on Universal towers and Inn

antisapation

Earning My Ears
Hi!! Were looking to stay at Universal towers,and want to know if anyone has stayed there. We have a couple of questions on transportation to and from disney, like how was the service they provide or how was parking at the ticket and trans. and going from there? And also how was the hotel it self? Clean dirty?? Please let us know!!!
Thanks for the time!!!! :D :D :D

bump

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Is this the same hotel as the Radisson (?) Twin Towers hotel right across the street from Universal?
If so, I stayed there about 8 years ago. I got passes to universal with my hotel room. The room was average (maybe a step above say a Holiday Inn Express), it was spacious, clean, the bathroom was nothing to write home about. It was fine overall. We did not eat there at all. Although I think they have a wide variety of things in the hotel - pools, etc... - it has a nice lobby. It is a convention hotel.
Service at the front desk was less than great - this weird guy with hair sticking straight up told me I wasn't in the computer (but I have a confirmation # ..."oh, that doesn't matter. and we are full.....maybe I have something, yes, here is a room...") We got our park tickets, left and when we returned low and behold, I now have two rooms in my name. Get to the room (it's fine, nice as far as hotel rooms go) but the balloons I had ordered for my friend are not in the room like I asked so I inquire with the bell hop - oops, he took them to another room (probably because desk clerk #1 went and reserved a second room when he couldn't find my first one). Everything worked out and it WAS a bargin compared to disney hotels. Universal is just a hop across the street (we drove in a rental car). Can't help on the rest. Hope this helps.

You may want to ask this question on the Orlando Hotel and Attractions Board here. You may get a better response.

If it is the Radisson, we loved it and found the staff to be wonderful. I had a dental emergency the day of checkout and they not only helped me locate a dentist, they told me not to worry about the posted check out time, just take care of my problem.

The room was huge, it had two queen beds, a sofa sleeper, table and chairs, an armoire and still lots of open floor space. The back wall of our room was all glass and looked over the canal behind and had lovely sunrises. There was an ironing boardand iron, coffee maker, safe, lots of extras... and if they had FOTL access, I might have stayed there again. :)

I remember that my stay there3 years ago was somewhat unpleasant. I know Florida is notorious for Moldy rooms and sulfer smelling and tasting water, but my room was the worst i've ever encountered. We changed rooms but it wasn't any better. Who knows, maybe they have changed. I've stayed at over 10 different hotels and this was the worst.

I agree with the post before me. We stayed there 3 or 4 years ago, started at the Universal Inn which was disgusting. Had booked through MLT travel. Called our agent to complain and was moved to Universal Tower because they owned this property too. It was a quarter of a step up and still quite disgusting! Our vacation was already paid for and we couldn't afford new accomodations at our expense (it was President's Week) so we stayed there. Both places were the worst I ever stayed in and I don't know where the 3 stars came from. Probably the onsite restaurant we didn't dare try!

Pinky

I think I should add that the hotel I'm referring to in my earlier post is on International Drive right across from Wet n Wild.

Pinky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter