• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions on Suites and DLP

twoboysmom

Earning My Ears
We are heading to DLP for our first visit in a few weeks. We will be staying for 6 days/5 nights in a resort suite at the Newport Bay Hotel. Can anyone provide some insight into these suites and what extras come along with these rooms. I was told unlimited Fastpass access-are there other things as well. Also, we will be celebrating my son's 6th birthday while we are there-is the Birthday tea or a cake during character meal, maybe at Cafe Micky's, the best choice. And for anyone who has rented child's strollers at the Park, can someone tell me about the cost of the rental per day. As an American who has made many trips to WDW (one of my favorite places), I know I should not try and compare the two parks as they both seem to have devoted fans. What will be the crowds be like in August? We are eagerly looking forward to this short vacation and a break from the heat here in the Middle East-any information will be welcome. I have enjoyed reading past posts on this board-very informative. Thanks.

WDW-'78, '81, '82, '93, '96, 03

We haven't stayed at the Newport Bay so can't help you there sorry. I think Richard has stayed there though, i'm sure he'll be along to help soon.

As for birthdays ~ I would book the character dinner at the Inventions restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel. They make a very big fuss, they have a special birthday song they play over the speaker system and the characters and staff will bring a cake and all stand round clapping and singing.

Crowds will be busy in August as that's holiday month in France. Strollers I can't help with either, we take our own.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time:teeth:

Alec

Hi :wave: ,

Good Choice - Newport Bay Club is a great hotel :)

As you probably already know, The Resort Suite comprises of double bedroom and then a decent size lounge area with a convertible sofa - bed. We stayed in a Resort Suite in 1997 and on our last trip we saw our friends room, who were staying in a resort suite and it looks like they have been rennovated - there is a nice new decor.

One word of advice - contact Newport Bay Club with your reservation number and request a specific Resort Suite as only some of them overlook Lake Disney, others just overlook the gardens. We were in Resort Suite # 5227 (Rhode Island) and this had a great view over the lake. Our friends were in Resort Suite # 5239 (New Hampshire) which also overlooked the lake. However, some of them don't, so it would be worth putting in a request.

HTH

Richard. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter