• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

questions on POP room comfort

I can not anwser all your questions as I do not pay that much attention to the type of sheets.
But we have stayed at Pop a few times and and the rooms were cleaned and they were just refurbished. Noise was not a issue but we have never stayed pool side which I understand people say is noisy.
It is my favorite value resort. I do prefer CSR (modrate) over it because I like the feel of CSR and the larger beds with a frig in our room. Oh the pool is nicer and it has a hot tub.
When you check in ask for a quite area...

If you need absolutely no noise, I would bring earplugs, just in case. I could hear noises from the bathrooms and the neighbors kids & tv. It wasn't horrible, but noticable.

The room I was in the shades made the room very dark, however we were along the lake behind trees. That may have made a small difference.

I really liked our mattress, but I have never stayed at a deluxe so I have nothing to compare it to. Or sheet knowledge.

The mousekeepers were excellent. Our room was always spotless when we came "home".

HTH:goodvibes

To add: I stayed in 6322, a king room, and I quite enjoyed it. I think if you request a lakeview you will be in good shape. I refuse to get a pool facing room.

We stayed at WL last month and noticed absolutely no noise. My sister stayed at Pop Century and I tried to nap in her room one day (wasn't feeling well) and I couldn't sleep because of the crying kid next door, people walking outside trying to find their room, and thunder. The bed was perfectly comfortable (no idea about the sheet quality) and I would think the curtains would be dark enough. If you really want dark, the WL is the way to go, though! The room was certainly clean and decent quality. But yes there's a difference in value and deluxe.

We just returned from a 10 night stay at Pop. This has been our 3rd stay here. This time we were in the 60's building, 2nd floor and it seem a little noisier. We did hear other toilets flush and a few times some kids running by. On our 1st night we got to our room around 11pm and we could hear the alarm clock going off in the next room. They must have set it for the wrong time and then left for the park. Once we turned our tv on we couldn't really hear it anymore. There was a little light coming from the door. The light came through only slightly and only below the door handle. The curtains over lap so it does a good job of keeping the sun out.

More bedding at a deluxe resort. I found more light with the deluxe I was at than Pop. Didn't notice a sheet difference.

Pop was a bit noiser. Still could hear toilets flush in the deluxe room. We had a great room as there wasn't a neighbouring door nearby. We were next to the Electrical room.

I bring ear plugs. I use them every night at Pop. At BC I used them only a few times. Didn't bother part way through the trip.

I've stayed at POP 3x now. It's a good 1st time place to stay but, honestly, we're done. Yes, you can hear your neighbors - the crying, the doors slamming, the toilet flushing. I'd stay away from facing the pool. That was even a bit much in the mornings, even in January. Though those are not the reasons we're leaving POP for a moderate this trip. It's the morning counter service. Chaos! There was 1 guy in particular ... every morning I'd see him with his brood, he'd be hogging up the toaster with his loaf of bread toasting every single slice and yelling at the kids to "Come get it!" every time a finished slice would pop out. It wasn't even a loaf you could buy there ... this was something he brought in himself! Oh, and he'd scowl at you if you tried to say "Excuse me' or anything to try to use the toaster for an item you purchased there. Oh, and the noise inside the food court ... deafening!

Just my 3 cents.

tonya.

We've only been to Pop once (will be going again in 11 days) but our first time was great. We never had a noise issue... there's no way I could sleep with ear plugs in anyways :confused3 I think we heard a kid crying once but shouldn't you expect that at ANY resort in Disney? I mean, nothing is completely secluded to where you're going to have silent surroundings. We thought the beds were comfy & so were the pillows (even though we had brought our own).

My aunt had previously been to Disney multiple times and only stayed at a moderate. When she saw pictures of our room, she said it looked like the exact same size as theirs was (I'm sure that's not true) but I just can't see spending extra to have a few extra square feet when it's really not needed. I go to Disney for the parks, not to sit in my room all day.

We recently stayed last month and noise wasn't an issue but I did notice that the room seemed alot smaller than when I stayed a few years ago at the movie resort. I have also noticed that you don't have as many channels in the rooms now, I guess tehy really want you out and about in the parks.

Question kind of off the subject but, this is my first time staying at POP...Can you see any of the fireworks from Illuminations or Wishes from here? :confused3

These were hidden in another thread, but I realized they deserve their own thread. Here we go:

- How noisy is it? Are earplugs necessary?

- How dark are the rooms? Can you see lights through under the door? Are the curtains heavy? Wife NEEDS full darkness like a vampire and I doubt she will be cool with eyeshades for 9 nights in a row...

- How comfortable are the mattresses? Any differences between values and deluxe in terms of quality? Size is not an issue.

- Are the sheets cotton or synthetic? And at deluxe?

- Are the rooms as clean in a value as in a deluxe?

Hiya

I really enjoyed staying at POP. I always thought before I went there that I'd never enjoy a value.

Noise - not so bad at all. We heard bad reports, but didn't notice a thing, with the exception of the odd toilet flush - but always after we woke up in the morning and before we went to sleep :)

The rooms were nice and dark! I slept like a baby.

Mattresses and sheets - I don't know, but they were incredibly comfortable. Again, I slept like a baby.

Room cleanliness - I actually would say that mousekeeping here were better than any other resort I have stayed in.

I also thought the food court was excellent. Again, probably the best.

We did stay in low season though so maybe opinions on crowded days would differ. We did 14 nights at POP and I have no complaints. It was great.

Just returned from my 1st visit to Pop. We were in Bldg 6 70's section 3rd floor. We could hear our neighbors talking. They wer men with deep voices though. We could also heard the toilet flushing and showers starting in the morning. This didn't bother me too much.

The beds! What can I say about them except they are hard as rocks. So uncomfortable to me. Also, the pillows are very thick and firm. You can't squish them up and if you have a short neck like me they will be uncomfortable as well. The kids usually ended up flinging them on the floor.

We plan to drive next time and we will stay at Pop but will bring our own pillows.

We really didn't like it. We felt that the beds were uncomfortable, you could hear EVERY little noise and the food court was a disaster area. It was dirty and the food was worse than any I have had at Disney. I always hear people rave about the food courts at Pop, I didn't have the same experience. We did not have any trouble with light in the room, we were over by the lake in the trees also though.

We have only stayed at Pop for short periods of time (normally when we can't get a DVC room for a night or on weekends when we don't want to waste the points), 1-2 nights at a time.

It is noisy there, I swear the walls are thinner than mods and deluxes. Even the food court, common areas and bus stop I found noisier than other resorts.

I really can't recall if the rooms got completely dark or not, I seem to remember light peaking in from either the door or window but I'm not 100% certain.

I don't have any memory of the sheets

I thought the beds were uncomfortable but it may have been more of a size issue than a comfort issue with the mattress. The mattress may have been a little hard for my liking.

The rooms were clean. The only resort I have ever had an issue with a room that wasn't clean was a deluxe and we were staying concierge at WL

We stayed at Pop last May, 1st floor in building 6. We did face the center of the 70's court, so even if light could get through the overlapping curtains, we would have been shaded by the trees and the overhang. I heard a number of complaints about the noise before we went, and was a little concerned, but I didn't even hear people walking around above us let alone the toilets flushing or anything. We did hear a bit from our neighbors only because they sat outside our doors and talked quietly while their children were sleeping--and we heard them very little. The beds were small, being full instead of the queen we are used to at home, but not uncomfortable. We did ask for extra pillows and that seemed to solve the flat pillow problem for me. Yes, the food court was loud, but you put a lot of people in an echoing type place, that is going to happen. The food we had there was good.

Mousekeeping was very good--we got a few towel animals, and DD9's toys were rearranged doing things every day and her doll stood in the window watching for us a couple times!

Overall, we like Pop. The only thing that could make us consider switching to a moderate is the queen bed, and I can't ever see spending the money on a deluxe unless I won the lottery and could do consierge level at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter