questions on moderate hotels.

gramto2boys

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of staying only 5 nights at pop, then 2 at a moderate resort.
can some one tell me what is the nicest, and least expensive one.
best place in this motel to stay....
good restaurant for a sit down ...

My favorite moderate is Corondo Springs... :thumbsup2

It has the pepper market and the Maya Grill... We really enjoyed the atmosphere there and plan on going again once we have tried a few deluxe resorts..

My favorite moderate is Corondo Springs... :thumbsup2

It has the pepper market and the Maya Grill... We really enjoyed the atmosphere there and plan on going again once we have tried a few deluxe resorts..

thanks, I will go look at that motel now :)

I believe all the moderates are roughly the same price if I am not mistaken. As far as a preference, you will find MANY differing views on this. They all have their pluses, minuses. I think it best if you look at the pictures of each of them and then pick which theme you like best.
Like the previous poster, our favorite is also the CSR and we will be there for the 7th time in September.

The Mod's are all the same price and you'll get lots of differnent answers for favorites!

I have stayed at all of them and here is my list in order of my favorites:
1. POR
2. CBR
3. CSR
4. POFQ

The best restaurants/food courts are at POR and CSR.

Good luck in deciding!

All the same price but CSR gives you the most for the money. They have a few amenities that the other mods do not like full menu room service, a spa, salon, and fitness center. They also have great transportation and a terrific pool and slide.

CRS is great! The Pepper Market offers some of the best food. The grounds are beautiful.

I vote for POR, but only if you are bringing kids with you. POR is a very kid friendly resort with a lot of activities for them. If you're going by yourself, or with other adults, then I would rate your other choices as:

1) POFQ becase of its size and it's proximity to POR which has a sit down restaurant. It also has the boat to DTD which has a lot of restaurants to choose from as well as good shopping.

2) CSR because you get all of the deluxe amenities for a moderate price and a really cool pool.

:flower3:

All the same price but CSR gives you the most for the money. They have a few amenities that the other mods do not like full menu room service, a spa, salon, and fitness center. They also have great transportation and a terrific pool and slide.

Most resorts have some amenities that others don't. POR/POFQ has the boat to DTD, carriage rides and on-site fishing, while none of the others do, that I'm aware of. So you're getting just as much for your money there as at CSR.

CSR has fishing as well.

That's why I added "that I'm aware of" ;)

My point was just that every resort has some amenities that are exclusive to that resort. You just have to do your homework and pick one that has the things you like and that are important to you.

CSR is the way to go. My kids love the main pool area and the great slide. I agree with the other posters. CSR seems to be more on the deluxe lite side than the other mods because of their offerings. The transportation is some of the best I've experienced.

Sounds awsome !! CRS it will be, now , what part :lol: close to the resturants and close to the transportation :) I will go look now, thank you all so much !

We stayed in Casita #4 when we went and loved it. It has its own quiet pool, bus stop right out the back, and the walk to the main building was so relaxing, going through the courtyards with the fountains and flowers. It is a ways from the Dig Site, however, so you would want to consider that, but the health club and salon are right there too. I love the Casita section.

Sounds awsome !! CRS it will be, now , what part :lol: close to the resturants and close to the transportation :) I will go look now, thank you all so much !
Depending on what you want to be close to, here are some good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.

While you would need to book direct, we love these properties, and find we can often book for the price of a moderate using AAA or entertainment book rates. (even though they are Deluxe resorts) The Dolphin has Shula's steak house and The Blue Zoo for dining, both of which are wonderful IMO.

Have fun!:cool1:

We've stayed at 3 moderate resorts and our favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. We thought the grounds were absolutely stunning, the rooms were kind of average but definately sufficient, pools looked nice, although we did not use them in January, we really liked the food court and thought they had a nice selection of what you would call fast-food...very nice salad bar, pasta, sandwiches, brownies, cookies, etc. We did not dine at the sit-down restaurant.

We've stayed at 3 moderate resorts and our favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. We thought the grounds were absolutely stunning, the rooms were kind of average but definately sufficient, pools looked nice, although we did not use them in January, we really liked the food court and thought they had a nice selection of what you would call fast-food...very nice salad bar, pasta, sandwiches, brownies, cookies, etc. We did not dine at the sit-down restaurant.

I agree, POR is my favorite. Their restaurant has a really good breakfast and the food court is great. One of my favorite things about this resort is the grounds and the access to DTD via the boat.

You can actually use both FQ and POR's resort facilities when staying at either one. They both have great music in the evening in their "bars".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter