Questions on Formule 1 hotels in Europe

Tinkerbelle32

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of staying on one of these properties in Amsterdam during our March trip. I I know the showers and toilets are in the hallway. How are the rooms though? The pictures look nice enough, but I don't want to end up in some hostel type place. Please tell me your experiences. Reg. hotels in Amsterdam are very high priced, so I thought this might be an option. Any help would be appreciated. Jenn

Honestly, I doubt that you will have many responses here. You may be better off on Tripadvisor doing some research, or perhaps a site such as Rick Steves (although I no way condone using him for travel information)

There are a few of these in Germany; they belong to Accor but I have never considered staying in one of them

There are reviews for several of them on Tripadvisor (and actually I don't recommend that site either as it is populated with infrequent travellers with unrealistic expectations, but if one if looking for a review in English that is most likely going to have the most reviews.

I stayed once at a Formule 1, and NEVER AGAIN will I stay there. Hotels Premiere Classe are same type of place, but a little better (and you get your own tiny bathroom).

Ibis hotels are usually not too expensive.

Now, for The Netherlands, I usually book through www.nachtjeweg.nl (or something like it). Unfortunately, many of those websites are in Dutch. If you PM me with your dates and number of people, I am willing to do a search for you.

Another possibility, is www.holidayline.be We have used this website already for many many many city trips (Vienna, Berlin, Madrid, Lisabon, Paris, ...) They offer hotels in about every category at discounted prices. The "rgeular" discounted prices are nice, but they have many "specials", especially for Amsterdam and Paris and the like. They have an English version of their website, check it out. We have only had positive experiences with them.

I've stayed at several Formula 1 hotels. They are clean and basic. I would look into the Etap brand as they are a step up (same company) with the bathroom in the room. There is nothing wrong with either hotel.

HTH

Jill in KC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter