Questions from a 1st time cruiser

Meemoo

DIS Veteran
Hey there,

I'm just starting to research a Disney Cruise, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone will know the answers to:

1/ When do the Cruises generally go on sale to the public - how early can I book?
2/ Do you make a deposit for the cruise then pay in full later? Can I cancel without a penalty if I had to?
3/ I was looking at the Disney Dream rooms on the website, I really like the Deluxe Family Staterooms with the 2 large portholes. I saw one layout in particular I liked it looked like the main bedroom is split from the lounge area and it says category 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D. How do I reserve a room like this?

Thank you so much!!

Hey there,

I'm just starting to research a Disney Cruise, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone will know the answers to:

1/ When do the Cruises generally go on sale to the public - how early can I book?
2/ Do you make a deposit for the cruise then pay in full later? Can I cancel without a penalty if I had to?
3/ I was looking at the Disney Dream rooms on the website, I really like the Deluxe Family Staterooms with the 2 large portholes. I saw one layout in particular I liked it looked like the main bedroom is split from the lounge area and it says category 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D. How do I reserve a room like this?

Thank you so much!!
1/ Opening day (the day that any given cruise is available to the general public) is about 1 to 1 1/2 years ahead of the actual cruise. Sometimes they may even be released further out than that.
2/ Yes, typically you do a deposit. And then you have to have the remainder paid off by the Paid in Full date. You can either do payments or one big payment when it comes due. Prior to the PIF date, if you cancel, any monies you've paid will be refunded in full. Unless you book Concierge - deposits for Concierge rooms are non-refundable. Generally the PIF date is 75 or 90 (sometimes 120) days out from the cruise. After the PIF date, you can cancel and a percentage of the money paid will be refunded. Until about 30 days out (maybe 15 days) at that time there are no refunds.
3/ Either online on the DCL website, or call DCL to reserve. When you select a specific cruise, and type of room you want (in this case an Oceanview), you will be shown/offered a variety of rooms in that category to choose from.

1/ Opening day (the day that any given cruise is available to the general public) is about 1 to 1 1/2 years ahead of the actual cruise. Sometimes they may even be released further out than that.
2/ Yes, typically you do a deposit. And then you have to have the remainder paid off by the Paid in Full date. You can either do payments or one big payment when it comes due. Prior to the PIF date, if you cancel, any monies you've paid will be refunded in full. Unless you book Concierge - deposits for Concierge rooms are non-refundable. Generally the PIF date is 75 or 90 (sometimes 120) days out from the cruise. After the PIF date, you can cancel and a percentage of the money paid will be refunded. Until about 30 days out (maybe 15 days) at that time there are no refunds.
3/ Either online on the DCL website, or call DCL to reserve. When you select a specific cruise, and type of room you want (in this case an Oceanview), you will be shown/offered a variety of rooms in that category to choose from.

Thank you - how do I keep track of when particular cruises will go on sale? Do I sign up to a newsletter or keep watching the website?

Thank you - how do I keep track of when particular cruises will go on sale? Do I sign up to a newsletter or keep watching the website?
Well, keeping an eye on this site is good. Many people here have the ability to know when new itineraries are coming and will talk about it. One note, the early 2017 cruises were just announced. Speculation is March release for summer 2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter