Questions for veterans from newbie

I’ve only done one DCL. And it was five nights.

We opted for Palo brunch because we didn’t want to miss out on any of the dinner menus in the MDR.

So for breakfast we tried the MDR, the buffet and Palos. Palos was wonderful, the buffet was great and the MDR was fine.

I could not get Palos’ ressies online but had no problem getting them on embarkation day.

Thanks for responding! Helpful info! Great to know that if I can't get ressie on line I might be able to do it @ port. Thanks! :)

Is the 5E the extended balcony rooms on the Dream? I've always wanted to have one of those aft extended balcony rooms...

GatorMomInNC said:
Is the 5E the extended balcony rooms on the Dream? I've always wanted to have one of those aft extended balcony rooms...

Yup. That's what we have booked for our first cruise too. We were lucky enough to snag 10158. That one and 10658 are the corner ones where the verandah is extra big because it wraps around the corner. There's 5e on other decks too but I haven't researched the other decks as much. But for the most part they seem to be aft with oversized verandah.

Glad someone answered you bc I do not know. Our TA just gave us options & we just "sorta" picked one. I am such a planner - I hate how unprepared I feel about cruising. Ordered the Passporter for DCL - must educate myself. ;)

Yup. That's what we have booked for our first cruise too. We were lucky enough to snag 10158. That one and 10658 are the corner ones where the verandah is extra big because it wraps around the corner. There's 5e on other decks too but I haven't researched the other decks as much. But for the most part they seem to be aft with oversized verandah.

Thanks for answering the question. I know nothing about cruising or DCL. My extend of cruising sadly is the Love Boat which I watched every Saturday as a kid. ;) Hate being unprepared - must educate myself before December.

Can I ask a question what is "aft"? Fun that it's an oversized balcony. Thanks for your help.

Jenntx said:
Thanks for answering the question. I know nothing about cruising or DCL. My extend of cruising sadly is the Love Boat which I watched every Saturday as a kid. ;) Hate being unprepared - must educate myself before December.

Can I ask a question what is "aft"? Fun that it's an oversized balcony. Thanks for your help.

Aft just means the back of the boat.

I've only done one DCL cruise and so will be late in making ressies & reserving a check in time. We are hoping to upgrade at check in. If I can't get an early check in time but arrive at the port at 11 a.m. will I be allowed to check in?

I've only done one DCL cruise and so will be late in making ressies & reserving a check in time. We are hoping to upgrade at check in. If I can't get an early check in time but arrive at the port at 11 a.m. will I be allowed to check in?

Not if the port is busy.

We love Palo dinner and brunch and always do both. We don't mind missing an MDR for dinner. When we did our first cruise we got Palo booked no problem on our 4 night cruise.

Yes, for first time cruisers on a 3 or 4 night cruise the number of available slots are less so by the time your booking window opens most are usually filled. They do keep some for onboard booking. Brunch is really what we enjoy the most at Palo and there is only one sea day on the 4-night, so that is really difficult to get. IDK how Remy goes, but I would expect the same experience.

not neccesarrily true.
we cruised on dcl for the first time last december and when i went to book Palo and Remy both ahd wide open times for ressies. so it wasnt hard to get one at all...

Not if the port is busy.

We love Palo dinner and brunch and always do both. We don't mind missing an MDR for dinner. When we did our first cruise we got Palo booked no problem on our 4 night cruise.

So you do both on one cruise? I want to try dinner @ Palo but also want to try brunch. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to get ressies for both brunch & dinner for this cruise. ;)

So you do both on one cruise? I want to try dinner @ Palo but also want to try brunch. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to get ressies for both brunch & dinner for this cruise. ;)

We do both. They are each amazing in the it own ways.

- Dreams

Yep have done both on both my cruises. Its one of the things DH looks forward to most.

In November 2010 we upgraded at the port to concierge (on the Magic 7-night Western from a category six to a one-bedroom suite, the upgrade cost was $1550). Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to cruise in concierge again one day...but it has not spoiled regular stateroom cruising for us. I have since sailed in both a verandah stateroom and an inside stateroom since and have not missed the concierge benefits at all.

If you can swing it, go for the splurge!

There is a big difference in concierge between the the Magic and Wonder vs the Dream and Fantasy. On the Dream class ships you also get a concierge lounge and private concierge sun deck. The lounge has food,coffee, water and soda. They also have a bartender with free drinks around dinner time. We have done concierge on both classes of ships and definitely prefer the newer ships for this service. If you want concierge I would book it, the chance of getting one at the port as an upgrade might be slim since they go fast at the terminal.

There is a big difference in concierge between the the Magic and Wonder vs the Dream and Fantasy. On the Dream class ships you also get a concierge lounge and private concierge sun deck. The lounge has food,coffee, water and soda. They also have a bartender with free drinks around dinner time. We have done concierge on both classes of ships and definitely prefer the newer ships for this service. If you want concierge I would book it, the chance of getting one at the port as an upgrade might be slim since they go fast at the terminal.

Thanks so much for explaining what you get with the concierge level on the Dream. Sounds fabulous. Also thanks for letting me know that there may not be any be any left once we get to the port. Guess I'll have to talk to DH. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter