Questions for POR experts :-)

superminnie

Mouseketeer
I am booking a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time for next year and I have never seen the resort so I have a few questions. First question is that when I look at room photos I see two different decors (one with a blue quilt bedspread and log looking beds, and one with a floral bedspread and traditional looking beds) and was wondering which one was the most common room type and if the room location (building #) made any difference on the room decor we get?

Second I am going to get a room in the preferred category and was wondering if anyone knew what buildings contained preferred room locations.

Third do these buildings have elevators? I will be traveling with my mom who has a bad hip and if the buildings do no have elevators then we need to get ground floor but if they do any floor would be fine.

Thanks for your help :lovestruc

Alligator Bayou (the photos of the more rustic, blue quilt bedspreads) are two story building with NO ELEVATORS. And they are pretty spread out.
Magnolia Bend are the more traditional looking furniture and are in three story, Plantation style buildings with Elevators. The room size and layout is just the same, just the theme is a little different.

The Magnolia Bend buildings are very convenient to one of the bus stops at the rear of the property, so it was never a long ride for us the the morning. We preferred these rooms to the Alligator Bend rooms for several reasons, one being the elevators.

Thanks. Looking at the map I am assuming buildings 14, 15, 18 etc would be some of the ones I could be placed in since its preferred location which type of buildings would these be, the ones with the traditional furniture or the ones with the blue quilts and log beds?

NEVERMIND :-) I answered my own question by actually reading the map lol....but I would still love any more info on the resort that you can give me.

Also across the "river" where buildings 80-95 are "magnolia bend" are there bridges to get across the water to the main buildings or do you have to go the long way around to a bus stop to get there?

There are nice bridges between the Magnolia Bend Buildings and the swimming pool and food court/lobby. It's a beautiful property but pretty spread out. Tons of people just LOVE this property but maybe I had way too high expectations when we booked it.

We originally had a room in Alligator Bayou, and I had requested a close building, but they assigned us a building WAY far away from the food court/lobby area. After walking back and forth three times, we neither found it restful or relaxing, and requested a move to a closer building. (We are in our 60's, we were prepared for the walking in the parks but not so much for the resort!) The CM's were wonderful, and while there was not an available room in AB, there was a room in Magnolia Bend. After the initial hassle of moving, we much preferred it. And since we were on the 3rd floor, the elevators were nice and the bus stop right behind the building was just icing on the cake.

Be sure to catch Piano Bob in the River Roost Lounge, he was the BEST part of that resort. Only plays Wednesdays through Saturdays, he is worth scheduling during your stay. See http://www.yehaabob.com/

I preferr the Magnolia Bend section myself not only because of the elevators but tthe teaming was more appealling to me. I to have knee and hip problems and cannot climb stairs. I walk to the food court is very nice and there are 2 bridges that cross over. I had stayed in Oak Manors last time and hoping for Magnolia Terrace this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter