• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions for early Alaskan cruisers!

Oh funny it didn't for me - good good - we are all set- sorry to totally spam this thread!

IT WORKED!!! So I used cam scan and coverted that photo to a pdf file - so I can post navigators next week.
I have 3G and live local, so will upload the first day as soon as I get my hands on it before we get on the ship!

Yay! Thanks for clicking on my link, Liz! We both got an extra 250 MB of space on Dropbox. That app works great, I wonder if they have it for the Android.

is it better to reserve a shuttle bus ride to the airport from the port on disembarkation day? or are there plenty of taxis & transportation options?

is it better to reserve a shuttle bus ride to the airport from the port on disembarkation day? or are there plenty of taxis & transportation options?

I debarked yesterday from the Wonder (awesome trip!) and saw some taxi's. We took DCL transportation which was very efficient. There is no quick ride to the airport from the port. Your driver has to go through the city and it could take 30-45 minutes.

I debarked yesterday from the Wonder (awesome trip!) and saw some taxi's. We took DCL transportation which was very efficient. There is no quick ride to the airport from the port. Your driver has to go through the city and it could take 30-45 minutes.

What time was the ship cleared for debarking?

We got into port a bit later than the 6am that we were supposed to. Because I had a flight before noon, we were told to be in the Walt Disney Theater by 7:30am so we could be one of the first off the ship. My guess is that shortly before 8am we were able to debark. I remember the announcement but honestly don't know what time it was.

We got into port a bit later than the 6am that we were supposed to. Because I had a flight before noon, we were told to be in the Walt Disney Theater by 7:30am so we could be one of the first off the ship. My guess is that shortly before 8am we were able to debark. I remember the announcement but honestly don't know what time it was.

So we have an morning flight (11:25AM) out of Vancouver. Can we still use Disney transportation and make it to the airport on time to check in? Also, it was noted that they are using the coded luggage tags to release people in groups to leave the ship and retrieve their luggage. Did you have this? Or did you keep your luggage and take it with you? Hopefully last question on this, how much was the Disney transport?

So we have an morning flight (11:25AM) out of Vancouver. Can we still use Disney transportation and make it to the airport on time to check in? Also, it was noted that they are using the coded luggage tags to release people in groups to leave the ship and retrieve their luggage. Did you have this? Or did you keep your luggage and take it with you? Hopefully last question on this, how much was the Disney transport?

I've had my TA and three different DCL people stress to me that flights have to be after 1:00pm local time departing Vancouver for any chance of making them. DCL pointed the finger at the fact we have to pass through customs to get out.

I've had my TA and three different DCL people stress to me that flights have to be after 1:00pm local time departing Vancouver for any chance of making them. DCL pointed the finger at the fact we have to pass through customs to get out.

Disney's time suggestions have always been a moving target.

The latest flight available out of Vancouver to get us home departs at 11:30 so we may have to ask DCL to fudge that requirement if we go that way.

The latest flight available out of Vancouver to get us home departs at 11:30 so we may have to ask DCL to fudge that requirement if we go that way.

I started a new job at the beginning of the year and I have limited vacation time. I have booked the latest flight I could to get us home on the 16th and allow me to go to work on the 17th!

Why does that term seem like a dog with a noise problem?

When we get on the ship we're embarking, like embarking on a journey. When we leave the ship we're disembarking.

You will be just fine with your 11:30am flight. My flight was noon and I had ample time. If you did the on line check in and noted your flight times, DCL will send to your stateroom the day before you debark an information sheet along with special luggage tags. We had to meet on the morning of debarkation in the Walt Theater at 7:30am. Your only choice for breakfast is Beach Blanket. Once off the ship, we went thought Canadian Customs and right after that our luggage with the special tags was right there waiting for us. We grabbed our luggage and a FREE luggage cart (it's knid of a long walk) and proceeded to the line to board the DCL buses. There are plenty of DCL reps. in the terminal who will guide you along. I think the DCL cost of the bus was $25 per person.

Why does that term seem like a dog with a noise problem?

When we get on the ship we're embarking, like embarking on a journey. When we leave the ship we're disembarking.

:rotfl:
That's what happens when you're trying to check this out and work at the same time!!

Actually it is referred to as "debarkation" on the first page of this thread.

You will be just fine with your 11:30am flight. My flight was noon and I had ample time. If you did the on line check in and noted your flight times, DCL will send to your stateroom the day before you debark an information sheet along with special luggage tags. We had to meet on the morning of debarkation in the Walt Theater at 7:30am. Your only choice for breakfast is Beach Blanket. Once off the ship, we went thought Canadian Customs and right after that our luggage with the special tags was right there waiting for us. We grabbed our luggage and a FREE luggage cart (it's knid of a long walk) and proceeded to the line to board the DCL buses. There are plenty of DCL reps. in the terminal who will guide you along. I think the DCL cost of the bus was $25 per person.

I did enter my flight times in their on-line check in. So based on that, they will know that I need to get my tail off that ship first thing, correct? I already figured breakfast at BBB but just wasn't sure if it would be necessary for me to keep my luggage and carry it off myself. I originally figured on a cab as I wasn't sure if DCL transfers would get us over in time but with seven people to coordinate (of which some panic easily), it looks like DCL transfers might be easy enough!

Sorry to keep bothering you, do I need to request DCL transfers before or can I still arrange that once on the ship (leaving from Florida we usually rent a car for the day so I don't use DCL).

The chances of you making it are next to not good. The ship starts to disembark at 8. Even if you are in the first group, you will probably not be out of the terminal until 8:30. Your best bet at that time of the morning will be Skytrain. You could be at the terminal by 9:30. If it is an international flight you are supposed to be there three hours in advance but 2 will probably do. You are cutting it very very thin but it is not impossible.

I've seen people asking about lobster, but _I_ want to know if Alaskan King Crab will be available. I've been dreaming of it!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter