Questions for anyone who did Extended hours for deluxe resort guests

GSLand

Mouseketeer
We are staying at a deluxe report for an upcoming trip and would enjoy extra hours in MK and EP
but...
Do the DIsney buses run that late to take us back to the resort?
How are the crowds and wait times for attractions?

(point me to another post if these were answered elsewhere - thx)

We are staying at a deluxe report for an upcoming trip and would enjoy extra hours in MK and EP
but...
Do the DIsney buses run that late to take us back to the resort?
How are the crowds and wait times for attractions?

(point me to another post if these were answered elsewhere - thx)
Disney will not leave guests stranded at a park, including guests who attend a scheduled after hours event (or who have a late ADR at a restaurant inside the park). The buses will run until all guests have left. If you're one of the very last to leave, you may share a bus with people going to other resorts - or you may have a private bus back to your resort!

We did MK on 11/3 and loved it. We were staying at BLT so transportation was not an issue. There were no lines - SDMT was 20 minutes and that was the longest line. There are not a lot of food/snack choices open so make sure you eat before 9 or grab some snacks to carry around. Remember to bring a sweater because it gets very cool at 11:00 at night. It was really fun and worth it for sure.

It was the best 2 hours we spent during Thanksgiving week!

Just make sure you do SDMT last. It takes awhile for the line to come down. We were able to do it twice in a row at the end of the night.
Definitely! The line was longer before 10:30. It’s such a great ride late at night, too :)

There were buses running when we did Extended Hours on 11/17 at MK. It was a great perk! We did Tiki Room, Carpets, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Carousel—all walk on or less than 5 min—and SDMT twice (posted wait 45 min each time, actual 15). Took some castle pics and looked around the Emporium as we were exiting at 11 to a much less chaotic atmosphere compared to regular hours

Our son and DIL did extra hours (too late for us) and enjoyed an almost empty MK but there was nothing going on at EPCOT and they felt they wasted an evening there...

Yes, the buses run. I had to get back to SSR.

Unless you are really quick, there's no way to get everything at Epcot done in 2 hours, even if everything was a total walk-on. I have done it once and accomplished Frozen, Grand Fiesta Tour, Mission Space, Test Track and Spaceship Earth. Never made it over to the other side. About 20 minutes wait at Frozen (maybe dont do that one first) and 10 or so at Test Track (at least to get into the design your car room). Everything else was walk right in, sit right down. It is a long walk around the barriers in Past Future World. Have not done MK.

Disney transportation usually runs for two hours past park closing. We’ve never had an issue getting back to a resort after extended hours.

Crowds and wait times were great!
(my experience was only at Epcot for evening extra hours)
CMs were guarding entrances and only allowing deluxe resort guests in, so you felt like a celebrity. Only hassle was wading through the people being turned away. I loved it! I would have loved it more if Ratatouille was open during extended hours but oh well. It was still fun.

So Frozen is included in late night hours for Epcot? Good to know...won't buy the pass for that one during daytime hours...

Epcot 11/21 - later start due to family member not feeling well after Harmonious (which is just gaudy and has no soul IMO). Walk ons at Soarin’ Spaceship Earth and kids hit Test track which had a 30 minute wait and we adults hit Frozen twice. Skyliner Back to Riviera with no line.

Magic kingdom 11/24 - POC, BTMRR, Carousel, JOTLM, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Speedway, Buzz X2, Astro Orbiter and chilled on Hub grass for last 15 minutes watching castle projections. Mostly walk ons and we intentionally avoided the two headliners with longer waits. Had a break in Tomorrowland for Mickey pretzels too.

Genie free and it really felt like we had both parks to ourselves - it was awesome!

Missed first Riviera bus so waited 20 minutes or so for next one. We were ready to be on our way so that was a little bit disappointing but typical of Disney buses and it was not that long of a wait.

Tangentially related question - do you still get extended hours if you’re renting DVC points to stay at a deluxe resort?

If you are staying DVC at one of the deluxe resorts, is this perk available to you?
Also, do you foresee this extended time lasting into summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter