• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions And Your Thoughts

Update: I received a call from a DVC representative (not my guide) confirming that our purchase agreement had been canceled within the 10-day rescission period. I was then asked if I had any comments regarding the DVC sales experience, so I informed this representative of what our guide had said. This DVC representative appeared to be shocked, and was adamant that it is not Disney corporate policy to penalize people for canceling a DVC purchase or to single people out for retaliation.

I hope that this is indeed the case.

I actually wrote a letter that I was intending to send to Disney, but I am debating as to whether it would be a good idea to send it or not. Is it a good idea to put this all in writing, or would it be better to just let our verbal complaint be the end of it? :confused:

We actually do have a resale contract that just went in for ROFR. I'm wondering if a letter reporting our guide's threat to single us out for ROFR is likely to affect this one way or the other.

I would send the letter, if for no other reason than what your guide told you was fraudulent and he should not be allowed to repeat this to another person, potential member or not. Since it's spelled out in the contract that you can cancel without any penalty or obligation, this is legal language. I'm sure that to imply that you do have an obligation is contrary to the contract. At best his words could be construed to be in error and at worst to be fraudulent.

Corwin, I would absolutely want that info to be in writing so that the salesguy can find out that he's wrong.

Someone on another thread said that if your name is in the system, when you buy resale, you're assigned to that first guide you had contact with. If this is true, that will mean that he is going to SEE that you got through, once your sale is finalized. And therefore, once it's final, I would hope that you would send a firm letter in, copying from your initial outraged post (not the outrage, but because your memory of what he said would be more clear than than now), so that they would know what he has been telling people.

And then of course I would switch guides, if he's the one you're assigned to, because if you buy more points you certainly don't want HIM getting the credit.

I appreciate everyone's input. I'm still undecided as to whether or not we should send in a letter. I guess that we are concerned that we will be pegged as troublemakers.

So, if I send the letter, should I do it by email or snail mail?

Does anyone have an appropriate email address or contact information?

Thanks!

I would send the letter. The contract specifically says that there it can be cancelled during the ten day period without penalty. You should send the letter in, after retaining a copy for yourself. The letter provides written notice to Disney of the threats of retaliation made by your guide. If in fact Disney is monitoring your name in their system, having the letter on file detailing the threats would make it MORE likely that your resale contract would make it through ROFR. You would have a cause of action against Disney if you didn't make it through ROFR, but could show that other similiar contracts did make it through.

In fact, I don't think it would be such a bad idea to include a line in the letter such as: If we happen to choose to make a DVC purchase via resale in the future, I'm sure that Disney will honor the terms of the contract and not penalize our family as our guide threatened. I would be very upset if I discovered that our family did not make it through ROFR but similiar purchases by other buyers did. I have been assured by DVC that the threats of retaliation made by our guide are not indicative of DVC policy, and I sincerely hope that is the case.

I really think you have a better chance of making it through ROFR now than you did before, but especially if you send the letter.:thumbsup2

I would send the letter. The contract specifically says that there it can be cancelled during the ten day period without penalty. You should send the letter in, after retaining a copy for yourself. The letter provides written notice to Disney of the threats of retaliation made by your guide. If in fact Disney is monitoring your name in their system, having the letter on file detailing the threats would make it MORE likely that your resale contract would make it through ROFR. You would have a cause of action against Disney if you didn't make it through ROFR, but could show that other similiar contracts did make it through.

In fact, I don't think it would be such a bad idea to include a line in the letter such as: If we happen to choose to make a DVC purchase via resale in the future, I'm sure that Disney will honor the terms of the contract and not penalize our family as our guide threatened. I would be very upset if I discovered that our family did not make it through ROFR but similiar purchases by other buyers did. I have been assured by DVC that the threats of retaliation made by our guide are not indicative of DVC policy, and I sincerely hope that is the case.

I really think you have a better chance of making it through ROFR now than you did before, but especially if you send the letter.:thumbsup2
Thanks very much for your input. I did in fact go ahead and send the letter, and had written something very similar to what you suggested.

I had problems with where to send the letter, though. I could not find a mailing address or email address on the DVC website. I ended up mailing the letter to the same address I used for my contract cancellation request. I tried to email the letter to the email address provided for cancellations, but strangely enough, although the email address worked a couple of weeks ago when I sent the cancellation request, I now just get a failed delivery notice with a "No such address" error. :confused: Very strange...

Update: I received a call from a DVC representative (not my guide) confirming that our purchase agreement had been canceled within the 10-day rescission period. I was then asked if I had any comments regarding the DVC sales experience, so I informed this representative of what our guide had said. This DVC representative appeared to be shocked, and was adamant that it is not Disney corporate policy to penalize people for canceling a DVC purchase or to single people out for retaliation.

I hope that this is indeed the case.

I actually wrote a letter that I was intending to send to Disney, but I am debating as to whether it would be a good idea to send it or not. Is it a good idea to put this all in writing, or would it be better to just let our verbal complaint be the end of it? :confused:

We actually do have a resale contract that just went in for ROFR. I'm wondering if a letter reporting our guide's threat to single us out for ROFR is likely to affect this one way or the other.

Sorry to hear about the threats to your new contract by a DVC guide. I also saw you posted comment about similar experience you had with a guide - my post was "sarcasm e-mail".

I just sent a good friend over to look at BWV and BLT, she took tour of both. She couldn't believe how pushy the BLT guide was - jumping in straight into financing, really hounding her in an unpleasant manner, but the BWV guide was nice. The guide I talked to for about 5 minutes on phone also told me my contract would be ROFR'd at $74/pt BWV - but all the same priced contracts have passed in last 3 months, so if her threat is correct, I would file an actual complaint about the guide and her possible interference with my contract. I'm a commercial real estate appraiser, so track this stuff carefully. Now we know to stick with Grandma Jaki or the Timeshare Store from here on out and buy this way only.

Wanted to share this thread with you, since you like the Villas at Wilderness Lodge - they sound great - trees, carriage rides, trails, lodge feel. This thread shows that if you like 1 bedrooms, then it's HARD to get for popular DVC dates such as first week of December, which is already booked up.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2352993

Good you went with a new contract, and cancelled the old. I'm seeing that the 11 month window is VERY important for certain types of bookings, ie: SSR treehouses, most 2 bedrooms dedicated, and standard view studios! One bedrooms are pretty easy to come by at most resorts, EXCEPT at VWL. Good decision it looks like you made.:flower1::flower1::flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter