Questions About WL Upgrades? Worth It???

WDWChick

Disney Veteran
I just booked WL for a standard woods view for $165.00 per night in January. Since I got such a great rate, (love those codes!!) is it worth upgrading? Or should I just count my blessings and spend my $$$$ on more important things like myself? JK
What do you guys think???

I would upgrade to courtyard view if you can afford it. Woods view is nice if you're above the otter pond and can see the fireworks, but otherwise, you're looking at another building, pavement, or the loading dock. Courtyard view is very worth it.

I never pay for upgraded views, but when we stayed at WL, we were put into a courtyard view anyway, which I found out upon getting to the room. Now I know this doesn't happen to anyone, but it could happen, and I've seen lots of reports here that people frequently get upgrades at WL.

We quit paying for views long time ago. How often do you sit on a balcony and how long do you look out the sliding door? If we do its 10 minutes max, not worth the extra money. We take that savings and eat a few big meals. If there's anything going out outside to see or do, we just go outside. We've been blessed while staying at the Poly to get free up grades to have a castle view but even then, a look out the door, its there and we go about our business, too much money to pay for that little bit of time. We still walked out to the beach for the fireworks and EWP. Last visit we stayed WL, woods view and just asked for a quiet location. We were by a sewrvice area, 4th floor and there was no noise but pleasant smells coming from their smoke house. We had a partial view of the MK fireworks and other than that it was outside for us, we keep the sheers drawn most of the time anyway and the outside railing is more like a wall, can't see through it from the bed area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter