Questions about Wishes Fireworks Cruise

lisataylor

Earning My Ears
Hi. We have been on an Illuminations cruise and enjoyed it very much, but this year we were thinking about doing a Wishes Fireworks Cruise. Has anyone been on one, and if so, please tell me what you thought of doing it.

We were thinking about eating at Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge beforehand, and then having a nice cruise from there up to MK area to watch the fireworks. The CM I talked to about booking this said that the music is piped in to your boat so that you can hear everything. Is this true? If so, is the sound good, is it in sync with the fireworks, etc??? Also, are you out on the water long enough to see the Boat Parade as it goes by??

We have not as yet seen the new Wishes show as we went on a disney cruise last year instead of going to the park, so I don't know if watching this from the boat would be a good thing to do or not.

Any info you can give me about this would really be appreciated!
Thanks,

Lisa :earsgirl:

It depends on the boat you get I have heard. We did a wishes cruise on the grand 1 and it was totally worth it and the music was piped in and very clear. The pontoon boats I have heard that some pipe the music in while others don't.

We did the Wishes B-day cruise last Oct. The music was not piped in. We could hear it slightly from the park. We were out on the water About an hour, and we did see the Water pagent. We still loved it even though we could bearly hear it.

Did one in December last year. No music. The captain did tell us they were working on that for every boat. Did not see water pagent. Left from WL. Was a good cruise. Our captain was great.

We did a Wishes Cruise in July. THe music was piped in and it was great. We picked it up at the GF marina because we were staying there. We had friends from home who were there part of the time we were so we shared it with them. We had dinner at LeCellier first and then took the monorail over to the GF.

We've done both the Grand Gatherings Wishes cruise and the one on the pontoon boat. We left from the Poly in May and had music piped in. Last I heard, all the boats were equipped now with music. I would highly reccommend it!

We did the Wishes cruise from the WL last week, it was beautiful but no music :sad1: however we could hear it a little from other boats that were nearby. We did get to see the EWP :) .

We went on this cruise in March 2005 and our boat didn't have music but our captain "parked" us close enough to a boat that did have it piped in that we could hear it at the perfect level. We also left from WL and saw EWP.

Here is some information from AllEarsNet, which may explain the music differentiation:

"Pontoon Basic: A 21-foot pontoon boat, which seats a maximum of 8. The price for the Pontoon Basic is $187.79 + tax, and the cost includes a driver, bagged snacks (pretzels, chips, popcorn), water and Coke products. Audio from Wishes is NOT piped in to the Pontoon Basic.

Pontoon Premium: A 24-foot pontoon boat, which seats a maximum of 10. The price for the Pontoon Premium is $234.74 + tax, and the cost includes a driver, bagged snacks (pretzels, chips, popcorn), water and Coke products. Audio from Wishes IS piped in to the Pontoon Premium."

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter