Questions about Universal Studios and Christmas Crowds!

IndianaSPEED

Earning My Ears
Last year our family went to Disney World from December 23 - 31st. The first day was the least crowded. On the 31st at EPCOT, the theme park was completely packed!! Test Track and Mission: Space had lines stretching 4 hours of waiting. Magic Kingdom on the 23rd was bad, but not like at EPCOT. We went on Space Mountain three times on that same day. My older brothers and I are going to Universal Studios Orlando this time. We have purchased the 7 Day 2 Park Unlimited tickets from UniversalOrlando.com. We plan on going to Universal for at least 3 to 4 days. We will most likely start on the 28th of December and finish the tickets off on the 2nd or 3rd of January. We will most definitely skip the 31st just because of how bad EPCOT was last year!!! How are the crowds at Universal Orlando during this time? Should we get the Express Ride tickets so we can ride all of the rides on the most popular day? We plan on getting there pretty early like around 7:30am or so... Does anyone know when USF/IOA opens and closes during our time there?

We will most likely go to IOA on the warmer and sunnier does just because of the water rides. When we hit Universal Studios Florida, we will head over to either the Mummy ride or Simpsons Ride first. I'm dieing to ride the Mummy ride!! When we go to IOA, we will hit the Hulk Coaster followed by Dueling Dragons. I want to get all of the big ones out of the way first. Does this sound like a good starting plan?

Does anyone know if the 7Day ticket can also be used as a park hopper-like ticket?

Thanks for reading!

:teeth:

I was just wondering how the Universal restrictions are? My brothers and I are are all around 6 foot 2 or so and one of my brothers weighs 235pounds. Will there be any problems with some of the rides? We will not ride the kiddie rides! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Last year our family went to Disney World from December 23 - 31st. The first day was the least crowded. On the 31st at EPCOT, the theme park was completely packed!! Test Track and Mission: Space had lines stretching 4 hours of waiting. Magic Kingdom on the 23rd was bad, but not like at EPCOT. We went on Space Mountain three times on that same day. My older brothers and I are going to Universal Studios Orlando this time. We have purchased the 7 Day 2 Park Unlimited tickets from UniversalOrlando.com. We plan on going to Universal for at least 3 to 4 days. We will most likely start on the 28th of December and finish the tickets off on the 2nd or 3rd of January. We will most definitely skip the 31st just because of how bad EPCOT was last year!!! How are the crowds at Universal Orlando during this time? Should we get the Express Ride tickets so we can ride all of the rides on the most popular day? We plan on getting there pretty early like around 7:30am or so... Does anyone know when USF/IOA opens and closes during our time there?

We will most likely go to IOA on the warmer and sunnier does just because of the water rides. When we hit Universal Studios Florida, we will head over to either the Mummy ride or Simpsons Ride first. I'm dieing to ride the Mummy ride!! When we go to IOA, we will hit the Hulk Coaster followed by Dueling Dragons. I want to get all of the big ones out of the way first. Does this sound like a good starting plan?

Does anyone know if the 7Day ticket can also be used as a park hopper-like ticket?

Thanks for reading!
The seven day unlimited admission tickets are like the park hoppers...you can go between the two parks as much as you like.

You have a good plan for IOA...do Hulk and Spiderman first and then make your away around to Dueling Dragons.

That week is VERY busy so if you get there before opening and hit the bigger attractions first, you should be ahead of the crowds. The park hours that week are 8am - 10pm except on 12/31 where the parks stay open until 1am.

The Express Passes for that time period are $50.99/per person for the 1 day/2 park passes. I wouldn't spend the money unless it's absolutely necessary. You should be able to do most of the bigger attractions w/o too much of a line if you arrive early.
:teeth:

I was just wondering how the Universal restrictions are? My brothers and I are are all around 6 foot 2 or so and one of my brothers weighs 235pounds. Will there be any problems with some of the rides? We will not ride the kiddie rides! :goodvibes :goodvibes
You shouldn't have any problems with the rides at Universal. There are test seats outside Hulk, Dueling Dragons and Revenge of the Mummy to try out if you are concerned. I'm 6'2" and about 240 and I don't have any problems. The Hulk is a little tight but I can always ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter