questions about travel insurance

LImom222

Mouseketeer
with the travel protection plan that disney is offering, would I be to get the full refund of the disney part (hotel & tickets) of the trip if I cancel due to the weather, for example if a hurricane is approaching or in the area during my stay/arrival/departure, and what about other travel proctection plans, are they any good?

Disney did offer some specific hurricane refund deal last year(don't know the details, we did not travel until Nov last year). We don't normally get trip insurance but we are going during free dining this year & I booked my airfare myself so I booked separate trip insurance thru insuremytrip.com. there are probably a dozen different plans & several different companies to pick from. Disney wanted $60 per person,there are 3 of us, all adults. For $75 total I was able to insure our airfare as well as Disney portion. Now I did not insure the entire cost of the Disney package, only the deposit that we wd loose. I talked to several cms about cancellations & asked what wd happen if we had to cancel on our arrival day due to a major storm because our flight was cancelled. One said we wd be out the $200 per room for our package. One said there was also a $50 fee, the third said we wd be out the $200 plus 1 night's rate which I'm pretty sure is incorrect, you either have a room only or a package & get charged for 1 of those not both, but I decided the insure the most expensive option. The biggest thing for me was the delayed or lost luggage provisions & the trip interruption coverage, both the amount of time before it kicked in & dollar amount they wd give you. Hope this helps.

I'd recommend calling Disney directly and asking exactly what they would cover. Every trip insurance company is different in what they cover (and you can even get varying levels of insurance from the same company, depending on how much you pay).

I'd recommend calling Disney directly and asking exactly what they would cover. Every trip insurance company is different in what they cover (and you can even get varying levels of insurance from the same company, depending on how much you pay).

I have called disney and I get a different answer with each call, so I don't think that they're too sure on what's covered, their job is to sell.
thanks for your help
:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter