Questions about the Grand Floridian - please respond!

princessofarendelle

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going to be staying at the Grand Floridian in June for a week, and I was wondering if anyone had any specific room numbers (with the building name) for rooms they stayed in that had a view of the Cinderella Castle/Fireworks? It would be highly appreciated, thank you! :angel:

My family and I are going to be staying at the Grand Floridian in June for a week, and I was wondering if anyone had any specific room numbers (with the building name) for rooms they stayed in that had a view of the Cinderella Castle/Fireworks? It would be highly appreciated, thank you! :angel:

I don't have any specific room numbers, but the Sago Cay building has the best theme park views (for outer buildings). Boca Chica is another building with theme park views but to me the castle view wasn't great and was at an angle. It was mostly a Contemporary/Bay Lake view. Not a bad view, just not as great as Sago Cay.

It is not recommended to ask for specific room numbers when making room requests. Because if that room is not available, the room assigner won't know why you wanted that room. It is best to word your request "theme park view". Did you book a Theme Park View room? Because it's a bookable category, and more $$, it would be tough to get that request granted. But it never hurts to try.

It is not recommended to ask for specific room numbers when making room requests. Because if that room is not available, the room assigner won't know why you wanted that room. It is best to word your request "theme park view". Did you book a Theme Park View room? Because it's a bookable category, and more $$, it would be tough to get that request granted. But it never hurts to try.

I did read somewhere you have to be specific. Theme Park View could be equated with Space Mountain. Best thing to do is request a view of Cinderella's Castle.

I would go on the GF specific thread, they were very helpful giving me location suggestions for our stay last year.
For requests, make sure they are noted on your reservation. I've heard too that specific room #s aren't a good idea, but just to state what you want! a Castle View and which building you prefer, perhaps also which floor- upper or lower.
List in order of importance and keep it simple. Room assignors try very hard to accommodate you.

We didn't like our first room, because it was a Dormer room. That was the only thing I didn't want :rolleyes2 I asked at the desk, and she said no, it wasn't,but when we opened the door, it was!

So if your room isn't what you want, DON'T touch anything, and go back down to desk immediately, and nicely explain the situation and ask if there is another room available that fits your requests.
The first thing they'll ask is if you've touched anything ::yes::
We did get another room that was wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter