Questions about the 1 bedroom suite on the Fantasy

loricfam

Mouseketeer
We're taking our first cruise in a few weeks and I'd like to book our next cruise while onboard. For this cruise we got 2 connecting deluxe family ocean view rooms with a verandah for me, DH, DS and DD. I like to have a lot of storage space, closet space, bathroom space, verandah space, etc! For our next cruise I'm interested in a 1 bedroom suite on the Fantasy.

Here's my question. How much storage space does the 1 bedroom suite have? I looked at the floor plans on the DCL website and it didn't look like there was much closet space for 4 people, and I didn't see any cabinet storage space at all! But, I know the floor plan could be misleading. It seems like I'm getting more cabinet storage and closet space by booking the two connecting rooms.

Also, where would my kids sleep? Are there 2 murphy beds in the living area? Or a pull out couch? They definitely would not want to share a bed!

Any feedback you have from your stay in a 1 bedroom suite is appreciated!!!

There is a twin murphy and a double pull out sofa.
Murphy is very firm, couch good.

There is one small closet in hall that is 24" W X 16" D, that contains three drawers on bottom and one shelf on top. This closet is for short hanging items.

Another small closet in hall 26" W X 16" D that has shelf on top and bottom. This is for long hanging items.

Another hall closet that is a walk-in, 47" W X 53" D. The back wall is split in two sections 20" deep. One has 3 drawers, some shelves, safe, the other has 23" of hanging area, bottom shelf, maybe a lower drawer, life jackets filling entire top shelf.

The TV cabinet in the lvrm has some storage, there are are few shelves by desk.

The bathroom has some center drawers and some area under sinks.
Shelves in corners.

But yeah, I think two regular balconies have more storage than a T, IMO.

HTH

The closet space is lacking in these rooms. With my husband and 17 yr old son and myself we had trouble unpacking everything and I cut way back this trip

My husband, 8 year old daughter and I had no trouble putting all of our things away in the 1BR last year (Western Caribbean on the Fantasy). We probably fall in the group of folks who try very hard not to overpack and mostly succeed.

We LOVED being in Concierge on the new ships. The lounge is a really great perk and the service is top notch.

If I had the option of 2 regular balconies or a 1BR, I would absolutely pick the concierge room for all the other amenities that come with it. If you don't have enough storage, you can always keep stuff in your suitcase under the bed!

One thing to note: If you are booking onboard to get the 10% discount, it does not apply to concierge class (unfortunately).

We just stayed in a 1 bedroom on Dream and loved it. Overall, I definitely think its better than 2 staterooms. Much more walking space. Ours happened to be an accessible room. There was a good size walk in closet. Not sure if the closet was bigger than a non accessible room though. The overall experience in the concierge 1 bedroom was truly amazing. The private hallways were so peaceful. We just loved it!

There is a twin murphy and a double pull out sofa.
Murphy is very firm, couch good.

There is one small closet in hall that is 24" W X 16" D, that contains three drawers on bottom and one shelf on top. This closet is for short hanging items.

Another small closet in hall 26" W X 16" D that has shelf on top and bottom. This is for long hanging items.

Another hall closet that is a walk-in, 47" W X 53" D. The back wall is split in two sections 20" deep. One has 3 drawers, some shelves, safe, the other has 23" of hanging area, bottom shelf, maybe a lower drawer, life jackets filling entire top shelf.

The TV cabinet in the lvrm has some storage, there are are few shelves by desk.

The bathroom has some center drawers and some area under sinks.
Shelves in corners.

But yeah, I think two regular balconies have more storage than a T, IMO.

HTH

Wow, that's great info! Where do you find all this info from? Do you know because you've cruised so many times before? Either way, thanks!

My husband, 8 year old daughter and I had no trouble putting all of our things away in the 1BR last year (Western Caribbean on the Fantasy). We probably fall in the group of folks who try very hard not to overpack and mostly succeed.

We LOVED being in Concierge on the new ships. The lounge is a really great perk and the service is top notch.

If I had the option of 2 regular balconies or a 1BR, I would absolutely pick the concierge room for all the other amenities that come with it. If you don't have enough storage, you can always keep stuff in your suitcase under the bed!

One thing to note: If you are booking onboard to get the 10% discount, it does not apply to concierge class (unfortunately).

Thanks for the tip about booking on board. I understand from what you said that I don't get the 10% discount, but would I still get the $200 OBC for a 7 night cruise?

Also, if I book the 1 bedroom suite and then move our date but rebook another 1 bedroom suite, do I lose the deposit? I've read that deposits on 1 bedroom suites are non-refundable.

And what happens if the date that I move to doesn't have any 1 bedroom suites available so I have to book 2 verandah rooms, what happens to my deposit? Do I lose it or would it be applied to my new 2 verandah room booking?

I agree with previous posters that the storage space is lacking. We also tried to pack lightly and had trouble with three of us in the 1 bedroom. DD was staying in a connecting room with Grandma, and I kept thinking there was no way her stuff would have fit. However, even with that said, the 1 bedroom is the way to go. The rooms are *so* much nicer. We absolutely loved it. As my mom said when we walked in, "It's going to be hard getting the girl back on the farm." Aint that the truth!

Thanks for the tip about booking on board. I understand from what you said that I don't get the 10% discount, but would I still get the $200 OBC for a 7 night cruise?

Also, if I book the 1 bedroom suite and then move our date but rebook another 1 bedroom suite, do I lose the deposit? I've read that deposits on 1 bedroom suites are non-refundable.

And what happens if the date that I move to doesn't have any 1 bedroom suites available so I have to book 2 verandah rooms, what happens to my deposit? Do I lose it or would it be applied to my new 2 verandah room booking?

You don't lose your deposit, it is transferable to a new booking only.

But I'm pretty sure if you book a 1 bedroom and later move it to 2 verandah rooms you will only get the OBC for one of the rooms.....and I believe you lose your deposit if it's not concierge.

Wow, that's great info! Where do you find all this info from? Do you know because you've cruised so many times before? Either way, thanks!

Doesn't everyone travel with a tape measure? :confused3

I thought everyone measured cabin closets.

:rotfl2:

But I'm pretty sure if you book a 1 bedroom and later move it to 2 verandah rooms you will only get the OBC for one of the rooms.....and I believe you lose your deposit if it's not concierge.

That's what I'm not sure about. I've read conflicting statements on these boards. If anyone knows from experience, please let me know! Thanks!:goodvibes

You won't loose the deposit. The deposit will be applied the the new cabin(s) configuration.

You will definitely only receive OBC for only one room.

Once a Concierge reservation is made, DCL will always retain that deposit $. It doesn't mean they won't re-apply that $ to another/any ressie, whether a downgrade, or an upgrade, once.

You just won't ever see that deposit $ again. But it can be applied to another ressie, regardless of category, in the future, as long as it is not after PIF date. And even this has a some flexibility. :)

:)

You won't loose the deposit. The deposit will be applied the the new cabin(s) configuration.

You will definitely only receive OBC for only one room.

Once a Concierge reservation is made, DCL will always retain that deposit $. It doesn't mean they won't re-apply that $ to another/any ressie, whether a downgrade, or an upgrade.

You just won't ever see that deposit $ again. But it can be applied to another ressie, regardless of category, in the future, as long as it is not after PIF date. And even this has a some flexibility. :)

:)

That's what I needed to know! Thanks!

We stayed in a 1 BR suite last Sept. and had plenty of room and storage. It was me, wife and 6 y/o daughter. Again, as previously stated by others, maybe we pack a little lighter than some.

As for the deposits, I called my travel agent and Disney both with this question last week because I was thinking of booking the Oct 2014 Southern Caribbean. However, we've never booked a cruise that far in advance and I wondered if I changed my mind could I transfer the deposit to another cruise. I was told by both that concierge deposits are non refundable and non transferable.

We stayed in a 1 BR suite last Sept. and had plenty of room and storage. It was me, wife and 6 y/o daughter. Again, as previously stated by others, maybe we pack a little lighter than some.

As for the deposits, I called my travel agent and Disney both with this question last week because I was thinking of booking the Oct 2014 Southern Caribbean. However, we've never booked a cruise that far in advance and I wondered if I changed my mind could I transfer the deposit to another cruise. I was told by both that concierge deposits are non refundable and non transferable.

We recently changed a concierge booking to another cruise and the deposit was transferred without a problem. We didn't originally book onboard whether that makes a difference or not I am not sure, but absolutely no worries to change our sail date from concierge room booking on one cruise to another.

As for the deposits said:
We recently changed a concierge booking to another cruise and the deposit was transferred without a problem. We didn't originally book onboard whether that makes a difference or not I am not sure, but absolutely no worries to change our sail date from concierge room booking on one cruise to another.

This is what I usually hear, very conflicting experiences that people have had. Hmmmm. I think I'll call DCL and see what they have to say. I'll let you know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter