Questions about Super Soap Weekend

jbhaupt

DVC Member
Hi,

I was thinking of heading to MGM on Sunday Nov 13th for the afternoon to see some ABC soap stars. I understand you can get autographs too..but I heard you must wait and sign up so you can wait later for the autograph. Does anyone know how this works??? What time the first wait is to get a spot on the autograph line and how long these take and how long you wait for the actually autograph?? I really just wanted to stop in the park in the afternoon hop on a line or two then go have dinner back in Epcot and come back for the parade at 7:15p. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Bonnie :earsgirl:

From what I have heard this event is extremely busy and people get there very early in the morning and end up waiting all day to get autographs. I am not sure how sign up lists work, but I dont believe that it is just something that you can just pop in and be done in an hour or two. Maybe someone who has been can shed a little more light.

That's what I have heard, but not from people who have actually attempted to get the autographs. Not much luck in getting reply's, maybe I should word it differently?

Thanks again,

From what I have read about the event the autograph sessions use fast pass to assign a time to line up for your autograph. Each soap opera has a designated area that dispenses FP's. It seems people line up at dawn to get them and they are gone fairly early in the day. You may want to check out ABC's web site for further information.

All I know is back in 2002 MGM was CLOSED on sat of ssw. I will be there but honestly have no interest in getting autographs.

I went for the first time last year. I have no interest in the autographs but wanted to see the stars. I arrived at 8:00am and there was already hundreds of people there. They opened the gates an hour early for people to get in line for autographs. It was like a mad house. People were literally running to get in line for whatever star they wanted. I hear the fastpasses go quick but don't get discouraged. They were handing out autographed pictures from some of the stars to people passing by. I'm not sure if the star just wasn't very popular and they had alot of pictures left or what but I got an autograph from "Ethan" from All My Children that way.

Like I said I wasn't really interested in autographs. I just wanted to see what it was all about. My mom and I just grabbed something for breakfast and looked around at the stage and setup. It's pretty cool to see hear the theme music and just look around.

The park is definitely more crowded than usual but it is so worth it. I loved the interviews and seeing the stars up close. I already have my reservations for this year and I can't wait. :goodvibes

Thanks for the information. I won't be getting there early so I guess I'll miss out on the autographs, but we'll hit the Millionaire show and hopefully make it back for the parade. I'm thinking we should change dinner plans from Epcot Le Celliar to somewhere in MGM so I can see the parade. Problem we are having dinner at H+V on Monday already. Will see what I can talk DH into the DK's don't care.

See you there!!

Hi, I've got a question about the autograph pictures that they were handing out.... what size are they... I scrapbook and I am trying to figure out if I need to take a small 7x7 scrapbook book & have the stars autograph one page & add pictures of them on the other side. What do you think?!?!?

Just wondering about Fantasmic that night - would it be insane to think that we could just come for Fantasmic?

dznynut2.......... I believe the pics are a 5x7.

Puffy2 ............... The super soap crowds will all be at the soap star concert that is held in front of the but hat. At about 7:15 the stars are in a motorcade that leads them to the big hat and then at 8pm the concert starts. Last year we left at about 9:30ish and it wasn't over yet. There is a big fireworks finale at the end. So I wouldn't think that the soap fans would make much difference in the Fantasmic crowds. Now, as for MGM during the day that would be another story!

Knowing the layout of MGM, how in the world would I enter the park around 6pm and still be able to make it to Fantasmic through all the crowds on the main street - to get to Fantasmic, I'd have to go that way. Any suggestions?

Last year was my first year there and there are huge lines to get a fastpass as soon as the parks open. I wasn't interested in getting any autographs, but I did get one fast pass for an AMC star for my friend to use. I think we stayed in the line to get a fast pass for at least 45 minutes. I thought it was fun just to see the different stars and collect the pictures. We ended up running all over the park on both days so that we could get everyone's picture. You can also get close enough to where they are signing autographs to snap a picture yourself. My DD would get up close and say something like "Hi Nancy (or what ever the star's real name was)" and they would usually look over and wave and smile. She loved that. You can also see them walking around the park and sometimes they will stop and say hi as they are walking by. So you can still have fun and get to see the stars without having to get an autograph. BTW...the pictures are 5x7 and are black and white. Have fun!

I was there for SSW 2 years ago, and the autograph lines were LONG. I don't watch the soaps, but went with SIL, I enjoyed the events, but the lines were long. I think the pictures were 5x7, and they were black and white if I remember correctly. They were pretty nice...got some for my Mom. You could see the stars where they were signing if you were not in line, and trhe lines seemed to be orderly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter