• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Questions about Southwest & Cancellation Insurance

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
I'm certainly not an expert in cancellation insurance, but just wondering if I need it on our SW flights? I think I read that if for any reason I needed to cancel my flights, I can use the monies from up to 4 cancelled tickets to reapply to future SW travel. If this is the case, do I need cancellation insurance on my flights? Thanks, Jo

Only if you think you need a cash refund as opposed to vouchers that will expires.

Originally posted by Jo-Anne
I'm certainly not an expert in cancellation insurance, but just wondering if I need it on our SW flights? I think I read that if for any reason I needed to cancel my flights, I can use the monies from up to 4 cancelled tickets to reapply to future SW travel. If this is the case, do I need cancellation insurance on my flights? Thanks, Jo

Originally posted by Jo-Anne

I am in agreement with Lewis on this one.

You are correct, but, with SWA, should you cancel, you have to use the funds within one year of the originial purchase. IE: You purchase tickets on April 9th for a trip in July. You, unfortunately, have to cancel the trip. You need to complete your next trip by April 9th the following year in order to use these funds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter