Questions about rooms facing lobby at WL

Marlyn

DIS Veteran
Hi, I had a question about the lobby facing rooms. I am going to book Woods View. Last year I had a woods view room on the north side, close to bay lake. I found the boat horns a bit annoying at night. I am thinking I would like a room that opens into the lobby this time. I'm not worried about WCC noise as we don't go to bed before 10:00 anyhow.
What I am wondering is, do you hear the boat horns from the north facing woods view, lobby rooms? Should I request south facing only?
Also, if I book south facing, do the 6th floor lobby rooms have open or closed balconies? I know the ones on the 5th floor are open and a lot of the 6th floor ones are closed around the resort, but in photos the south facing, woods view, lobby rooms look to be open (unless I'm not seeing right)

Thanks for any help. I want the best of both world, the beautiful lobby out my door and quiet on my balcony.

We had a woods view room that was right above WCC and we could not hear the boat horns from there.

I stayed in one and I loved it! Not sure which direction it faced, but I did not notice any noise at all, and this was back when my kids were 2 and 4 and went to bed early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter