Questions about Rasul?

Hey, everyone!

Just got back today from our trip. It was absolutely wonderful.

I loved Rasul. It was great in so many ways. The time alone with my husband was the best thing because even though the two of us went briefly to Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay and we went to Palo's on our last night, we weren't really alone at those places.

I asked about the cleaning of the Rasul rooms and our attendant said that each room was cleaned after each session and that all of the rooms had "deep" cleaning every Wednesday and Sunday evening. She said that she knew this was true because she was responsible for the cleaning after each session.

I have a suggestion for Rasul newbies. Before you ever try to sit down in the steam room, turn your water hose on and spray down the seat and the walls where you plan to be seated. I felt like I left (scorched) skin on the walls after my first attempt.:sad1:

Apparently the 50 minutes begins when you walk into the Rasul chambers and the attendant begins to explain how to use the lotions and exfoliants and oils, etc. I took a waterproof watch based on suggestions off this board because I was afraid that we would not hear the 10 minute warning knock and I didn't want to miss it. Sure enough, we did miss it and the attendant stuck her head in and asked, "Did you not hear the knock?". Luckily, we knew our time was nearing its close and were showering off at this point but I began our count from the time the attendant left the chamber and not from the moment we entered. My husband thinks a better idea would be a warning light. A bright red light would be visible even in the heavy mists in the sauna. I meant to write that in on the comment card but forgot. If any of you thinks that sounds like a good idea, please suggest it to the cruise line.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, just ask! I'd love to relive it! :)

King'sLady

We used our room card to turn the lock on the inside of the Rasul room. It turned very easily when we were done and we didn't worry about someone walking in. I loved the Rasul and the privacy ;) etc... I loved the mud and salt sea scrub. Please beware though, I didn't know anything about what we had to use until they went over it all with us. When they asked if anyone was allergic to iodine (the mud has iodine), dh has a shellfish allergy and he couldnt touch the mud (according to them) so I mudded myself and showered off. This could be disclosed before booking in the description because it is a fairly common allergy.

Also, hope this isn't tmi. I am prone to UTI's and within 12 hours of the Rasul experience I had one. 3am!! I was at the health center by 930 and on my way to Castaway Cay with meds! I don't know if it was from the mud or scrub or moisturizer or from the room.

Afterwards we got dressed in the locker rooms and when I went to get a glass of water I saw them cleaning the room, so I know they did!

We booked a couples massage (can you say sales pitch?!?!) and then the rasul, that was nice we got to sit in the rainforest area while we waited for the rasul.

King'sLady said:
Hey, everyone!

Just got back today from our trip. It was absolutely wonderful.

I loved Rasul. It was great in so many ways. The time alone with my husband was the best thing because even though the two of us went briefly to Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay and we went to Palo's on our last night, we weren't really alone at those places.

I asked about the cleaning of the Rasul rooms and our attendant said that each room was cleaned after each session and that all of the rooms had "deep" cleaning every Wednesday and Sunday evening. She said that she knew this was true because she was responsible for the cleaning after each session.

I have a suggestion for Rasul newbies. Before you ever try to sit down in the steam room, turn your water hose on and spray down the seat and the walls where you plan to be seated. I felt like I left (scorched) skin on the walls after my first attempt.:sad1:

Apparently the 50 minutes begins when you walk into the Rasul chambers and the attendant begins to explain how to use the lotions and exfoliants and oils, etc. I took a waterproof watch based on suggestions off this board because I was afraid that we would not hear the 10 minute warning knock and I didn't want to miss it. Sure enough, we did miss it and the attendant stuck her head in and asked, "Did you not hear the knock?". Luckily, we knew our time was nearing its close and were showering off at this point but I began our count from the time the attendant left the chamber and not from the moment we entered. My husband thinks a better idea would be a warning light. A bright red light would be visible even in the heavy mists in the sauna. I meant to write that in on the comment card but forgot. If any of you thinks that sounds like a good idea, please suggest it to the cruise line.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, just ask! I'd love to relive it! :)

King'sLady

King'sLady

Sounds like you had a great time! I knew you would. Sorry you got the door opened on you!! The light is a great idea, you couldn't miss that. You are right about scorching your fanny on the hot, hot tile. Good thing to point out to someone who has never been. Yay for you for getting some true alone time on the cruise. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter