• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about Rasul?

King'sLady

Wife to KingTramp, mom to TheKing and MouseKing
Hey, y'all,

I read through all four pages of posts that came up when I did a search for "Rasul" so I really did try to find this out on my own before posting. I've learned lots of interesting
things about Rasul:love: but I still have a few questions before I suggest it to my DH.

1. I've read that the spa/salon staff try some heavy sales pitches with some of their treatments. When making a Rasul reservation, the scheduled time for a 50-minute treatment is an hour and a half. I realize that some of this time is for undressing/dressing but surely that doesn't take forty minutes. The staff won't try one of the sales pitches at the end, will they? I think it would be a hard thump back into reality at that point. Is all the extra time for the staff to tell the couple about the various muds/oils/etc. beforehand?

2. I've read that the furnishings are not exactly comfortable (hot, tiled, narrow benches and extremely hot floors) but what about sound? Is music piped in or are the only sounds the hiss of the sauna and the water gurgling from the cold-water hoses (that must be left running at all times!)? Because of the tile, does sound bounce all over the rooms? Are these rooms soundproof? Embarrassing if not, perhaps? :blush:

3. Obviously the pagers from the childcare facilities can not be taken in the sauna. Do you just leave the pagers with the spa receptionist on the offchance that you'll be summoned to the children's clubs?

Thanks in advance for all your responses. I'm thinking it will be pretty easy to persuade DH on this one. Reckon? ;)

King'sLady

Since we havent' been done this (yet) I can only pass on what I have read.
I believe you can check a box on your Rasul registration saying you don't want the sales pitch. As far as how long it takes, perhaps it's for clean up time?
Can't say as to sound proofing but with tile I would assume it's pretty sound resistant anyway. Haven't seen anything about music piped in tho I wouldn't think so since each couple probably would find music distracting to the "mood"

Dont' know about the pagers but would think that if you brought a large ziplock bag with it should protect the pager from the steam and water, just place it on a high and dry spot near the door.

Hope that helps a little, maybe in 3 weeks we'll be much better educated on the joys of Rasul :blush:

Because the rasual is not a hands-on treatment, there isn't much opportunity for a sales pitch. We've done it many times and I don't think we've ever gotten one. However, there might be a variety of spa products in the rasual room for you to try.

There are two rooms...outer room with shower and tile "couch" and inner steam room with individual seating areas. You can turn the hoses on or off; they're useful if you get overheated. because the tile is hard, I strongly recommend bringing lots of extra towels if you're planning on a romantic experience. ;)

Barb

Thanks for your responses. My DH and DSs came home from their camping trip today and my DH was very interested in what I had discovered on the Dis boards! I have always overlooked Rasul posts in the past because I am not really into spa massage type experiences but this sounds great. Thank you, Barb, for the extensive article you posted on it on your website. One read through of it and I didn't have to use any coercion on my DH at all; he was ready to book it. ;)

Only 4 more days to go!!!:cool1: Deborah, you and your DH will be there before you know it! I pray you have a wonderful time.

King's Lady:flower:

King'sLady said:
Hey, y'all,

I read through all four pages of posts that came up when I did a search for "Rasul" so I really did try to find this out on my own before posting. I've learned lots of interesting
things about Rasul:love: but I still have a few questions before I suggest it to my DH.

1. I've read that the spa/salon staff try some heavy sales pitches with some of their treatments. When making a Rasul reservation, the scheduled time for a 50-minute treatment is an hour and a half. I realize that some of this time is for undressing/dressing but surely that doesn't take forty minutes. The staff won't try one of the sales pitches at the end, will they? I think it would be a hard thump back into reality at that point. Is all the extra time for the staff to tell the couple about the various muds/oils/etc. beforehand?

2. I've read that the furnishings are not exactly comfortable (hot, tiled, narrow benches and extremely hot floors) but what about sound? Is music piped in or are the only sounds the hiss of the sauna and the water gurgling from the cold-water hoses (that must be left running at all times!)? Because of the tile, does sound bounce all over the rooms? Are these rooms soundproof? Embarrassing if not, perhaps? :blush:

3. Obviously the pagers from the childcare facilities can not be taken in the sauna. Do you just leave the pagers with the spa receptionist on the offchance that you'll be summoned to the children's clubs?

Thanks in advance for all your responses. I'm thinking it will be pretty easy to persuade DH on this one. Reckon? ;)

King'sLady

I have never had a sales pitch with the rasul treatment. But we always leave early. If you leave your room key you get a key to a locker. You ae given a basket with a robe and slippers with a key for a locker. You can put anything in this locker. Including the beeper, we did this 2 years ago. We have never been there more than an hour. That would be counting from the moment we walked in the spa till we walked out.

If you are planning the x-rated version of the rasul do not try it in the sauna room. Way too hot. The cool water hoses are contacted to the sitting areas. Both times we have done the rasul the treatments have been different. As different I mean the amount and quanitity of products. Also we received more towels this year than we did last year. Sound bounce off the room....I would say no. As far as music we have never had any while in the room.

To be honest I did not worry about my kids while in the rasul. Call me bad. But they knew where we were going and I felt like they were fine. Like I said we put the beeper in the locker. But your idea of leaving it with a CM is a good one. Curious to know who people will respond.

About the pager - We left our pager with the front desk at the spa. They said they would call the kids club if the kids paged and see if there was a problem. Also, you should tell the club that you are going to the spa - they will try not to page you unless it is necessary. We did the Rasul last week - it was so much fun! :love:

My DH and I did this in September. It wasn't exactly what we expected, but did give us the "alone time" and we had a great time. It is VERY hot inside (I had never been in a sauna before). We did not get a sales pitch at all.

Soundproof? I have no idea and I really don't care! :rotfl:

We did leave the pagers with reception who would have knocked on the door if we were needed.

Have a great time with it. Take your time with whatever you do as 50 minutes is longer than you may think and they will not walk in on you.

If I do this again, I may bring water shoes!! :teeth:

pyramid2000 said:
If I do this again, I may bring water shoes!! :teeth:

Hee, hee - I just got a picture in my head of my husband in his birthday suit with water shoes on! :laughing: :eek:

We did the Rusal in March, and it did give us some quality alone time! :love: I even noticed the moisturizer for days! The mud treatment really works!!

When you check your kids into the kids clubs, tell them you're headed to the spa for a treatment. They will mark it down, and then try extra hard not to interrupt you - unless it's serious.

Same thing about your time at Palo - tell them, and they'll do their best to make sure you have some special time.

Yes, you certainly can leave the pagers with the front desk - good idea!

One other note.....

Leave the door closed between the room and the sauna!
Otherwise the whole place gets steamy and you can't see a thing!!! :goodvibes

And there is no music. Would be a good idea though!!

Out of curiosity, we have this booked for our December cruise and I am hearing all about the "romantic" activity going on in the Rasul. I am just curious how clean it is. Does any one know if they clean it after everyone is in there?

b&j's_mom said:
Hee, hee - I just got a picture in my head of my husband in his birthday suit with water shoes on! :laughing: :eek:

That comment had me burst out in hysterics - DD and DH came to read and walked away shaking heads. The visual of my DH with watershoes and nothing else is now firmly implanted in my mind! :blush: :rotfl2:

I have read to bring extra towels, water and now water shoes. :rotfl: My question is, can u ask for extra towels when they give you the towels and robe or do you have to bring them from somewhere else?

ImMarcik said:
I have read to bring extra towels, water and now water shoes. :rotfl: My question is, can u ask for extra towels when they give you the towels and robe or do you have to bring them from somewhere else?
I would think they would have plenty of extra towels there for you if you ask. Just don't forget those water shoes!!!!!!!!!! Hee hee hee hee hee :teeth:

This thread is much more fun than the dress code threads! I love reading about Rasul experiences. More, please!

atakaratemom said:
This thread is much more fun than the dress code threads! I love reading about Rasul experiences. More, please!
I like the Rasul threads as well. I think the reason I liked the Rasul so much is because it was the ONLY time during our 9 day vacation that we were totally alone together. :love:

ILoveMGM said:
Out of curiosity, we have this booked for our December cruise and I am hearing all about the "romantic" activity going on in the Rasul. I am just curious how clean it is. Does any one know if they clean it after everyone is in there?

Good question!!

b&j's mom,

I'm curious as to the reason for the water shoes. Because the floor is too hot, too slippery, or just in case they don't clean each time between sessions? :)

We leave in two days!:cool1: I will try to remember to ask the spa attendants about the cleaning frequency when we go to the Rasul and report back. Enquring minds want to know.

King'sLady

King'sLady said:
b&j's mom,

I'm curious as to the reason for the water shoes. Because the floor is too hot, too slippery, or just in case they don't clean each time between sessions? :)

We leave in two days!:cool1: I will try to remember to ask the spa attendants about the cleaning frequency when we go to the Rasul and report back. Enquring minds want to know.

King'sLady
I was just kidding about the watershoes, I just think it is a funny visual. I could see where they would help with the hot, hot, hot water though. I read and read where people said "Be careful, it's hot!" But until you actually step in it (in the steam area of the Rasul) you don't realize how HOT it is. Yikes! Keep the hose for your feet ON! For the record, I did not wear water shoes in the Rasul, but I do love the visual. :rotfl: Have a wonderful trip!! I would love to hear (in edited form ;) ) how you liked the Rasul. I am jealous you get to be on the ship in two days and I don't. Woo-Hoo for you!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter