Questions about price and kids~!

cali2gagirl

<font color=green>Tracy, dear, the Tag Fairy is no
Ok...I'm 'contemplating' a cruise next year for my 30th bday..which will be Oct 2004. (Here..I haven't even got back from my 1st WDW vacation yet and already planning next year!!)

I'm curious how much approx it is for 2 adults and 2 kids for 3-4 nights. My girls will be 4 and 8 at the time and I'd really like to take them...will they appreciate it enough for the price?? I've cruised twice..never with Disney tho..and I'd like to have them be a part of it!

And..however much the price is...I know I'll have to save...do prices really go up alot closer to sailing date? Because I don't know I'd be able to pay for it til next summer for an October cruise... is this all doable? I wouldn't need airfare as we can drive..just trying to find out any deals or approx prices others have paid.

Hi... Since I am in the same boat as you are (note the boat pun) I am in the process of checking prices.

Go to the Disney Cruise line web site and click on "get a quote" and they will give you a quote right down to the last penny. I am planning on going August 2004.

I have girls ages 8 & 6, and everyone says this trip is just perfect for kids this age. They even have stuff going on for my teenage son. I watched the Travel Channel yesterday and they had an hour long feature on Disney Cruise Line and it is motivating me to go. Both kids and adults seem to love it.

Also, when you go to their web site, order the video. It's free and it comes to your house in a few weeks. Have fun! :cool:

Ok..$2100...if only I had the 800 down!!
I wonder how much it'll go up after the 1st of the year!! I'll have the money by then...HOPEFULLY!! LOL
Thanks for the tip!!
Guess I need to concentrate on our WDW vacation now..and start planning that one when we get back :)

:earsgirl: TRACY :earsgirl:

As to what it goes up, we booked 14 months ahead of time. Now, six months before sailing the price is $1,000 more per room

Book As soon as you can.

We took our first cruise in May. Our son was 8 and our daughter was 4. They both loved the cruise! They said that the cruise was better than Walt Disney World!

As far as prices going up, I think it depends on the time of year you are sailing. We booked one year in advance and before we left, our travel agent said the price had gone up $600.

Have a great time at WDW and happy cruise planning!

Angie

Also a little trick I learned from this board is to only book your husband and you now and then add your kids later when you have more money to pay the deposit. You already have the room booked, so you don't have to worry about it getting booked up before you sign your kids up. Plus your deposit gets split in half for you to pay some now and some later (once you add them).

Just a thought....I hope it helps :)

Sava--this can sometimes backfire because once the ship reaches capacity they wo'nt accept any further "add-on's".

The good news is that October is a fairly quiet month onboard.

Anne

Some insurance companies offer travel and cruise options also. I have USAA and the rates weren't bad for us...even 2 months prior. I know I am an exception because they were running a military discount, but before the agent knew I was active duty the price wasn't all that bad for DCL.

Hi Tracy! You will LOVE cruising with Disney!

We were on the Magic last summer, and loved it so much that we've booked back-to-back cruises in the same stateroom for October 2004.

Anne

Originally posted by ducklite
Sava--this can sometimes backfire because once the ship reaches capacity they wo'nt accept any further "add-on's".

The good news is that October is a fairly quiet month onboard.

Anne

I did not know this :eek: I have never tried it before, it sounded good until now.

So even if your room is not full, the ship can be????

It's not that the ship is full, but they do limit the number of children in each age group so they have room for every child in the children's programs.

Yes :( It has to do with capacity in the clubs as I understand it. This happened to a girl I work with. About two months prior to the cruise she tried to add on another child (I think her daughters friend if I recall) and she couldn't because the cruise was not accepting any further childrens bookings.

Anne

Ahhh...I thought the idea of adding kids later was too good to be true...lol - Hopefully I can save up a deposit by October of THIS year...still 1 year in advance...that should be good...right?? :)

I'm at 10 days til my 1st WDW vacation...and I can't help but think I want to live Disney 24/7 forever...LOL

I am sailing in 10 days, or less(Chech counter), and called 3 days ago to add an adult. Not a problem! It all depends upon bookings. If there are ship's cabins still available, then you can still add people. I would have thought July would have been booked up though by now.
I also noted that there were some DCL vacations on Hotwire.com as well as some of the other regular sites. 7 days, end of October...$799, mid October started at $1500. Just something to keep in mind.

Good luck and enjoy WDW!!! If you're trying to penny pinch some, take a cooler for the room at WDW, put in some fruit and stuff to snack on that's not too costly. Also, we are a cereal for breakfast type family. Put in some milk, bring disposable bowls and spoons. Take you favorite cereal...That's an easy $20 a day in your pocket.

DOCLINGER........

As stated in previous replies, the "no room" problem could occur when attempting to add children. From everything I've read, the children's programs are capacity controlled. So, just because there are cabins available, that would not necessarily mean that you could book any children at the last minute, as an add on or a new booking. Adding an adult is probably never a problem, as long as there is available bedding/cabin space.

If you book far in advance, you could probably get away with booking two adults now, and adding children within a few months.

Just wouldn't wait until anywhere near the last minute, especially in peak season.

I totally agree with you. I guess I didn't explain the full thought, you could NOT book your spouse, substitute a child(who will be full price for now anyway). This will get the children into the clubs, and you can add the adult later....as long as the cruise isn't filled. Once you book the adult, the difference will be that of kids fare (the child will drop to kids fare the adult fills the adult fare price instead)
Sorry, I didn't explain the first time. My fault.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter