• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about Pop Century

missnanse

MOUSEKETEER I would like my ashes scattered th
I have never stayed here and wonder about 1- where is parking? I cannot walk very far so is there an area I should ask for?Are there usually discounts for val
2-how close to DTD is it actually? Is there any transportation on the lake?
4-Are there usually discounts for values for Christmas? Thanks for any help.

1: All around the front side of the resort. You probably want to request a room in the 80s, 90s, 70s, or 50s facing the parking lot. Note that due to their proximity to the resort's features, most of the 50s and 70s rooms that apply are 'preferred' and cost $10 more per night than the other rooms. Sometimes there are discounts, but it would be general deals, i.e. not limited to one 'level' of resort.
2: In minutes? About 12 to 15 driving, I think. By bus it would take longer because you'd probably have to wait for a bus, but you wouldn't have to worry about finding a parking space.
3 (at least, I think it's supposed to be number 3): No.
4: Over Christmas? Probably not - but it will depend on bookings. If Disney needs to attract more Guests to achieve occupancy goals, they may offer discounts. You make more money on a room renting it at a lower than normal price than you do leaving it empty - but who knows? If you mean, in the days/weeks leading up to Christmas - it's possible.

Thanks I have been going for years but usually do not stay at a value. It will be a new experience.

Just returned from stay at Pop. We were in the 70's (room 0301) and parked in the 90's lot. It was not a far walk to parking or Classic Hall. I did online checkin and requested near transportation. Thought it was great location.
The drive to DD is about 10 to 15 min. depending on traffic and a very easy drive. Turn right out of the resort on Victory Dr. & turn right on Buena Vista Drive. DD will be on the left.

Everywhere at WDW requires a lot of walking. Are you going to be renting a scooter or something to get you around if you can't walk much?

Avoid the 60's (theming is fun, but it's terribly far from parking when you come back in the evening -- and rather a hike from the food court as well). Yes -- it is possible to have a really long walk from parking at Pop (and the rooms are pretty small) (I was pretty much in tears getting back one night when we drove to MK and I had to cope with the nightmare of getting back to the car, and then the long walk to the room at Pop). I had expected to love Pop Century (well, I do love the theming) - but I would never stay there again. But, thousands of people do really love it, so don't go by me.

You should consider doing something else than WDW if you cannot walk very far. WDW is nothing but walking from attraction to attraction. Or you need to bring a hoveround, lol!

What is so funny about someone having problems with walking long distances. If it's possible to get a room close to the main building, what harm is it??? You never know, they might rent a scooter at the parks.

I just don't see what the "lol" is about....Petty...

This has lots of good info. Approx. times, fees if you need a cab from x to y, etc. Maps too! The first post is very detailed and linked to other info threads.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=21626944#post21626944

this is it's con'd
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=28343149#post28343149

How far is very far to you? I stayed with my mom last trip, she has a heart condition, basically in non medical terms (because I don't know them!) the bottom of her heart is like an expanded balloon that deflated. So she has a device that helps pump her heart.

We stayed in 50s "Lady" building and she did fine. We walked slow. It was about 5 minutes from the bus. We did use a wheelchair during the day at the parks, so she wasn't too tired at the end of the day. If you will be walking all day also, then I'd try to get something close. The maps in the threads above can show you where rooms are placed. Might even be good to let the cm know of your mobility issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter