Questions about our upcoming site inspection

FutureAshleyDukes

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Hot dog, I love tha
DH2B and I are planning on maybe using our trip to WDW this May to visit the locations we are interested in having our wedding at. Since we are having to delay the wedding until we can get the health insurance issues worked out we will be having a custom wedding the following May or December.

We have a few questions about what to expect:

Can you only visit ceremony locations? Now that we are having a Custom wedding we are growing more interested in the wedding pavilion and still like the idea of Sea Breeze Point. Also do you have the option of visiting any reception locations, or do you have to wait until you have signed a contract?

Does anyone suggest visiting the site around the time your wedding will be or does it really not matter?

Finally, how long should we expect the site inspection to last? We're only taking a 5 night trip, and DH2B is really looking forward to spending most of his time at the parks... I'm not sure he'll be too happy if it takes too much time out of his day. :rolleyes:

1. We saw both ceremony and reception locations on our site visit. If you have an idea before hand you should let your Sales manager know, otherwise they will suggest a some sites that fit your wedding vision, size of group etc the day off. Keep in mind some venues may be off limits due to an event occuring in the space during your visit.

2. I dont know if it really matters. It didn't even occur to us, we just scheduled the site visit for during a trip we already had planned.

3. Our site visit took about 2.5 hours. I think they generally last about 2 though.

Thank you so much. I was also wondering about how many places you can visit. We have 2 ceremony locations, and 2 reception locations we have in mind. Also will we need a rental car to make the trips to the locations, or do they provide a mode of transportation?

on one of the food channel disney wedding shows had a bride who had her wedding at the wedding pavilion then a prereception/cocktail hour at seabreeze point at the boardwalk, maybe make it the best of both worlds. as for a reception suggestion, if you go with december the american rotunda in epcot is gorgious & decorated nicely for the holiday, less decor money for the reception too. plus another benefit of early december is value season so cheaper rooms & less crowds.

as for the site visits you can view both ceremony & reception sites. start looking at some site pics now so you know where you want to look/visit & start thinking what your ideal wedding is. when we did our site visit it was like 2 hours & very informational. as for the time of year you go on the site visit it doesnt really matter in my opinion you know what the weather, crowds, sites will be like in advance for the most part.

best of luck ashley the second time around planning.

twojo21 said:
on one of the food channel disney wedding shows had a bride who had her wedding at the wedding pavilion then a prereception/cocktail hour at seabreeze point at the boardwalk, maybe make it the best of both worlds. as for a reception suggestion, if you go with december the american rotunda in epcot is gorgious & decorated nicely for the holiday, less decor money for the reception too. plus another benefit of early december is value season so cheaper rooms & less crowds.

as for the site visits you can view both ceremony & reception sites. start looking at some site pics now so you know where you want to look/visit & start thinking what your ideal wedding is. when we did our site visit it was like 2 hours & very informational. as for the time of year you go on the site visit it doesnt really matter in my opinion you know what the weather, crowds, sites will be like in advance for the most part.

best of luck ashley the second time around planning.

Thank you, We are really looking forward to the vacation and the inspect. We're going to be staying at the AKL. :goodvibes

I LOVE the American Adventure Rotunda, but I don't think we will be able to meet the 100 guest requirement the website mentioned. I really like the idea of having a prereception at Seabreeze Point.

For our site visit, a few weeks ago, we met our SM at the pavilion, and she drove us (in a Cadillac) to the sites we wanted to see. You definitely need to choose the sites before-hand, in case the site is being used.

Ashley,

When you get your "formal" site visit, they will drive you around in one of the company cars (ususally a silver caddy) to all of the sites. They have the magical "golden football" sticker, so they can drive backstage and park in the most magical of parking spots! ;)

Many of the sites are accessible during park hours and/or just by walking to them. However, some are not due to being located in backstage or closed areas (like the Living Seas, etc.). You also don't always get the full impact of how you and your guests will access the sites until your official site visit(s), as the tour bus(es) haul the people backstage for many, and then they walk them out to the locations (such as with the American Adventure rotunda).

To visit the Wedding Pavillion, here is a little-known way to see it on your own, but be careful! They leave the gate unlocked sometimes when there are no weddings taking place. You really shouldn't be in there (AHEM), but a quick sneak peek has been known to happen before ... :rolleyes1

By the way, December rocks for all the previously above mentioned reasons. Early December is cheaper for guests, it is all decorated, and the American Adventure rotunda is SO beautiful then. Here's a tip on how to secure it. If you are anywhere near 100 (let's say 50-70 guests) and you really, really want that for a site, then guestimate your guest count higher at first, but when it comes contract time, then lower it to the real number. If you are only having like 30 or so, then this really isn't the best idea. But if you are up around 70 ish, it could really work out nicely. Just an idea ... .

Be sure to tour many sites, no matter what you do in the end. Things have a way of shifting there, and you always want to know what your top three choices are for alternate locations for each event (dessert party, pre-reception and reception) just in case. Typically, if you stay away from venues that companies typically like to use for conference-related activities, and/or you pick a low conference season, then that could really help. If you want to know what the ebb and flow of convention season is like for the different areas, then I'd contact a convention planning coordinator at Disney and just ask away. Not the sales people, but the actual coordinators. There are some located in each convention hotel who might be able to assit you with their area/traffic/volume. Again, just an idea.

I hope you guys get those insurance issues worked out soon. I know waiting is heartbreaking, but believe me, you will get there eventually! :)

Best Wishes!

Berry :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter