questions about our alcoholic tour of epcot world showcase!

punkin413

feel the magic, dang it!
i need help! DH and i are planning on doing an alcohol tour of epcot world showcase during our upcoming WDW vacation....wooohoooo!! i mean, c'mon...how often can you go to 11 countries in one day and sample alcohol from each, then get a sober ride to your hotel????

anyway, i'm trying to get an idea of how much i should budget for that and i have some questions.

1. can you go into a restaurant, order a drink to go and walk outside with it, even if you didn't eat in that restaurant? for example, can i go into akershus and order an aquarita and take it to go if i didn't eat there?

2. how much are the grand marnier and grey goose citron slushies in france? are these located at a kiosk in france or are they inside a restaurant?

3. how much is a shot of goldschlager in germany? where do you get them?

4. can i get a shot of jagermeister in germany?

5. are there any specialty drinks in italy? i couldn't find any on the menus i've looked at. if so, how much are they?

thanks for contributing to what will be a drunken great time at epcot! i promise not to be obnoxious! :cool1:

i
1. can you go into a restaurant, order a drink to go and walk outside with it, even if you didn't eat in that restaurant? for example, can i go into akershus and order an aquarita and take it to go if i didn't eat there?

2. how much are the grand marnier and grey goose citron slushies in france? are these located at a kiosk in france or are they inside a restaurant?

5. are there any specialty drinks in italy? i couldn't find any on the menus i've looked at. if so, how much are they?

thanks for contributing to what will be a drunken great time at epcot! i promise not to be obnoxious! :cool1:

The slushies are in one of the kiosks outside of in france and I think they are like $7 dollars. the only thing that i can think about in italy is the wine that you can get in the store,the same goes for Germany. know this isnt much help but have fun with your tour of drinks in the world

The Bellinni's in Italy are wonderful! Also make sure to have a Margarita in Mexico, they are my fav. I've aslo heard the Italian Margaritas are very good also but I have never tried one. F&W is also a great time to tour World Showcase and sample even more beverages!

Good questions :idea: .... I was wondering a lot of this stuff myself, especially where to get jager & goldschlager.

We love to drink our way around WS! Don't forget Pommery champagne with Kir in France - my favorite! :goodvibes

I got a mimosa from the Italy kiosk last May and it was really good. I believe it was about $6.00 or $7.00. Susan

I would start out at the Rose & Crown pub & get a double to go then work your way over to Mexico & get a margarita at the margarita stand then go over to germany and have a bite to eat & your shots & after that well good luck! :drinking:

Yeah, it's pretty ambitious to get all the 11 countries done. I would rather
split the difference and make sure I put some food in me to absorb some
of the hooch! :thumbsup2

I've had a mimosa at the Tangierine Cafe, in case you wondered what
can be had there. I enjoy the Banfi Rosa Regale sparkling wine in Italy,
and if you like sake, there's a sake bar WAY in the back of the Mitsukoshi
store.

But really, keep that eating in there, as Drinking Around the World can
turn into Puking Around the Lagoon if you're not careful. :crazy2:

I don't think Epcot serves hand mixed drinks. Anything pre-mixed (like
Margaritas and the slushies), beer or wine can be found. Well, unless
you consider Bellini and Mimosa drinks "mixed". :rolleyes:

I have never fully attempted the full enchilada, so to speak, but I do have
fun grazing around World Showcase during the Food and Wine Festival.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

But really, keep that eating in there, as Drinking Around the World can
turn into Puking Around the Lagoon if you're not careful. :crazy2:

oh, definitely. i learned a long time ago that drinking on an empty stomach is not a good thing! the key is to keep eating. popcorn:: i think our plan is to start out in canada with lunch at le cellier, so we'll have plenty of food to start out with in the tummy! i think i'll probably skip UK as far as alcohol goes, get a slushy in france, a mimosa in morocca (along with some baklava!!!), don't know about japan yet, maybe some sake if i'm feeling adventurous, skip the US and italy as far as alcohol, get a shot of goldschlager in germany, skip china and then maybe an aquarita in norway (with one of those sweet pretzel things) and definitely a margarita in mexico. DH will be doing his beer tour, so he's set.

thanks for everyone's advice!

oh, definitely. i learned a long time ago that drinking on an empty stomach is not a good thing! the key is to keep eating. popcorn:: i think our plan is to start out in canada with lunch at le cellier, so we'll have plenty of food to start out with in the tummy! i think i'll probably skip UK as far as alcohol goes, get a slushy in france, a mimosa in morocca (along with some baklava!!!), don't know about japan yet, maybe some sake if i'm feeling adventurous, skip the US and italy as far as alcohol, get a shot of goldschlager in germany, skip china and then maybe an aquarita in norway (with one of those sweet pretzel things) and definitely a margarita in mexico. DH will be doing his beer tour, so he's set.

thanks for everyone's advice!

Fill up on those soft breadsticks at Le Cellier. LOL! Japan also serves
sweet plum wine if you don't like cold sake. And I think I should have
clarified that I don't think they sell spirits in Epcot. I don't think that I could
get anything other than beer or wine in Germany. When I've been in the
wine shop, riesling seemed to be always available for tasting. I don't know
if Norway sells anything other than beer, either. (But the school bread in
Norway, that's what I'm hearing raves about as the sweet pastry to die for.
I've usually just gotten their sugar-free chocolate mousse.)

For your DH, here's the Beer Song, as taught to us at the Adventurer's Club:
(Sung to the Do Re Mi song from "The Sound of Music")

"Dough, with which, I buy my beer
Ray, the guy I buy beer from
Me, the guy, I buy beer for
Far, the distance to the store...
So...I think I'll have a beer!
La...la la la la la la
Tea, no thanks, I'll have a beer!
Which will bring us back to dough!"

Saki is also found at the Kaki Gori stand in Japan.

Thanks to this thread, my husband is going to groan when he finds out there are mimosas to be had. Hey, it's got juice in it, can't be all that bad, right?

Whats with all this skipping countries :confused3 ....

We budget 10 to 15 dollars a country ....and 15 dollars for the tee shirt....rules for us are no skipping countries, you must take a picture at each country, and try not to draw to much attention....

Whats with all this skipping countries :confused3 ....

We budget 10 to 15 dollars a country ....and 15 dollars for the tee shirt....rules for us are no skipping countries, you must take a picture at each country, and try not to draw to much attention....

i want to be able to walk out of epcot. :rotfl2: no, seriously. i don't want to overdo it. i may end up having one in each country....those are just the ones i *know* i'm gonna have. having 9 (**cough cough**legal) years of drinking behind me, i'm a really good judge of when i need to stop. i don't enjoy getting smashed anymore. it's just not worth it, especially if i have to get up and go to AK the next morning!

by the way, does anyone know if i can get goldschlager and/or jaeger in germany? i saw a pic of someone doing a shot of goldschlager in germany on the alcohol pics thread. that's what made me think i could.

For your DH, here's the Beer Song, as taught to us at the Adventurer's Club:
(Sung to the Do Re Mi song from "The Sound of Music")

"Dough, with which, I buy my beer
Ray, the guy I buy beer from
Me, the guy, I buy beer for
Far, the distance to the store...
So...I think I'll have a beer!
La...la la la la la la
Tea, no thanks, I'll have a beer!
Which will bring us back to dough!"

too funny! :goodvibes i'll definitely share this one with him. his name is ray (the guy i buy beer from), so he'll get a kick out of that.

I can vouch for those squishees in France - $7 a pop and worth every penny! They are sold at a kiosk near the the crepe stand (or at least they were back in October).

The Fiesta margarita is pretty good in Mexico
The Boddingtons and Stella Artois are quite tasty at Rose & Crown

May I suggest you try an ice wine martini to start your adventure at Le Cellier? An excellent choice if I do say so myself (and I do!). :thumbsup2

PS. BriarRosie...I love the beer song!!

I don't know about Goldschlager, but you can get other licquers at Sommerfest. I think the selection changes occasionally but I'm pretty sure I saw Jagermeister there.

There is jaegermeister in Germany. They used to have it in the booth in the courtyard with the beer, but now you have to get it at the counter service food area right by the entrance to Biergarten.

Our favorite in Italy is a glass of Rosa Regale with a dark chocolate. You can get it in the wine store in Italy. Rosa Regale is a sweet sparkling wine that tastes great with dark - semi sweet chocolate! Yum!

I'd budget $10 per country.

There is jaegermeister in Germany. They used to have it in the booth in the courtyard with the beer, but now you have to get it at the counter service food area right by the entrance to Biergarten.

Our favorite in Italy is a glass of Rosa Regale with a dark chocolate. You can get it in the wine store in Italy. Rosa Regale is a sweet sparkling wine that tastes great with dark - semi sweet chocolate! Yum!

I'd budget $10 per country.

two questions:

1. can i just go into places like biergarten to get a drink and leave and not eat there, taking the drink with me?

2. $10 per person or $10 for two people total?

thanks! can't wait for all this booze! haha. :woohoo:

I would say $10 per person...drinking at EPCOT isn't cheap! ;)

When is your anniversary? Ours is May 29th and we're going to WDW to celebrate it this year.

Happy Anniversary to you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter