questions about OKW on points

Momto4

PB4WEGO
We are so excited to be staying one week on points in an OKW 2-bedroom villa. (...first ever WDW trip for my children, and the first in 15 years for DH and myself) I understand the one time towel change, but I have a few other questions. Can anyone help please?

Will I need to pick up trash bags, dish soap and/or dishwashing detergent at the grocery, or are these things provided? If they are provided, is there plenty for a weeks stay?

Will we get new sheets as well as towels at the 4th day housekeeping visit? ...and... Is there any actual housekeeping done on this day, or is it a literal towel swap only?

I understand that OKW will store our cold or frozen groceries if our villa isn't ready when we arrive. Is this still true?

Many thanks for any info you can provide!

:)

You won't need to purchase any of the items you mention. If you run low, just call housekeeping.

No housekeeping is done on 'trash & towel' day. They'll empty your trash and exchange dirty towels for clean ones.

Yes, there is storage for groceries...including refrigerated items.

DIS_Signature_6.gif

How many nights are you staying? That makes a difference as to how much housekeeping you receive.

FYI -- The additional trash bags are at the bottom of each wastebasket. If you want to empty trash you'll find a Trash Closet on the bottom level of your unit. Not a big deal to drop it in on your way off to the parks! I think you'll love your stay.

Thank you both for the help! This vacation is getting better all the time!

btw, we are staying a Saturday to a Saturday. Is that 7 days or 8?

You will find you will appreciate the trash and towel as opposed to maid service. I don't like the idea of people roaming around our unit, since we tend to treat it like home. Usually, we bring our own laundry soap since the extra packets are expensive, but they will bring as much dishwaser soap etc that you need. Also, check the list of what should be in the unit for the kitchen. It is usually inside a cupboard door. If anything is missing from that list, call housekeeping and they will bring it to you. It is better to do this first so you don't find something missing when you go to use it. Also, there is little sugar and no salt and pepper, so bring those from home. We usually bring along coffee filter packs and our own tea as well. They also have paper towels available, but no napkins.

Disneydiane
mickey36.gif

I get confused on this too. You are checking out on the 8th day. I think if you were checking out on Sunday then you'd be getting a full cleaning on your 4th day and the Trash & Towel on the 8th day. Checking out on the 8th day I believe you will just get the Trash & Towel. In any case, it will be noted on your confirmation what type of service and which day you will receive it.

Each unit is given a supply of towels that are replenished on T&T and full cleaning days. If you need additional towels they may charge you for them. In a one-bedroom or larger it's easy to throw them in the washer. A studio would have to go to the laundry room.

The full clean is on day 4 of stays of 8 nights or more. The 4th day counts check in day. With a Sat arrival (of 7 nights) your trash/towel will be on Tuesday.

I know you'll have a great trip. Enjoy!

Also note that if you feel like having full maid service for a day (or more) you can purchase it ($40 a day for a 2BR) separately at the resort. Thus, if you just want to splurge a little one day and have a full cleaning and the sheets changed, you can do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter