• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about mid April

hthrbells

DIS Veteran
Hey All,
We will be in WDW mid April, what kind of weather should we expect? We typically come in Dec so this will be a big change!
Bug spray needed too?
Any other tips?
Thanks!
Heather

Last year we were there mid-April and it was unusually warm - mid 90s. The only way to really know the temp is to check 10 days before you go and keep re-checking. Good rule of thumb is probably expect t-shirt & shorts weather but throw in one pair of jeans and one light jacket.

Bug spray is usually not necessary but at the pool at Boardwalk last year we got eaten alive by biting flies right at dusk. But in the parks I've never had an issue with bugs. So unless you're renting a boat or going fishing or another activity like that I doubt you'll need it.

We've never needed bug spray at any time of year in Disney. As for weather it's hard to predict. Even checking a week out or a day out it might not end up as forecasted. But you can expect it to be warm to potentially hot. Averages are probably in the low 80s but it can definitely climb into the 90s at times. It can be rainy too. We had 2 complete wash out days one trip in April but the next had no rain at all.

In mid April, the average high is about 81 / average low about 60. Chance of precipitation is 15-20%. Of course, this is Florida so temps can be significantly higher and rain can come with the humidity. Our experience has been 80's during the day(shorts,t-shirt, swimming weather), upper 50's - 60 at night (shorts/light fleece), not humid. Pleasant. It's one of our favorite times of the year to visit.

I'm looking forward to the cooler temps! This is our first April trip, we always go in August so this should feel great.

My family and I are going down in mid April and I was wondering the same thing.

Same with us. We are usually February peeps, so it will be nice not having to sport hoodies in the AM and PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter