Questions about Marriott Grande Vista

poonchkie

Earning My Ears
We are considering staying at the MGV in a 2br villa. Anyone have any suggestions about which building or room to request? We have two small kids (3 and 5) so we would want to be close to the kiddie pool. Also, are there elevators or is it wise to stay on the ground floor if you dont want to use the stairs? Any info would be appreciated.

Hi We stayed there last year. We requested the building right near the main pool and it was great.I don't remember the number, maybe 91. It wasn't even noisy and we were on the first floor. There are elevators but I preferred first floor with two little children as well. You will enjoy it and so will your kids. Have a great trip!

we just left there today and it is a nice resort. I took the advice of people on the board and stayed in 91. It was very nice but once i saw the new units I was sorry that I requested 91. As I say it was very nice but the newr units are spectacular. Those of you who really liked 91 were right but now you need to go to the newer buildings near the new pool. They are great. Our timeshre tour person told us that 91 was due to be refurbished and it was an older building and that it should have been done by july but that it was so busy that they needed to wait. please excuse my typing I am using my husband's lap top and am not use to the key board.
bottom line, IMHO request the newer area. By the way, we were told there were no screens on the new buildings. This is totally incorrect. The new buildings are exactly the same as the older ones only they are new!! The resort is great. I know lots of people were worried because there was a bad trip report on here a few weeks ago. It ain't so. I can see why you would not be extatic with the older buildings but really they were very nice and the staff was truly helpful. It is a great place.

Not true! New buildings are nice, but do not have the screened balconies. Per our timeshare tour, there were no plans to put them in. It may have changed from June when we took our tour, but the older units are in varying degrees of needed repair. We stayed here for 13 nights in June - split into 2 stays and have experienced both the good and bad units at this resort. To date, letter sent to the attention of the GM has gone unanswered. We have been surveyed about both stays and about the timeshare presentation and expressed our concerns about our experience. Just like anyother resort, MGV has good and bad units.

Beg to differ with you but the new buildings do have screens.Ilooked because you had said that FF5. THERE are screens and in the same configuration as the rest of the place. ALL of the units in the other villas have the same configuration and all of the other buildings do not have screens on all the porches either. The single villas do not have screens and I asked the salesman why and she could not tell me the reason BUT the configuration is the same on ALL the villas. If you saw the new villas w/o screens then they were not finished. If you looked closely you would see that the frame is there just not filled in yet. TRUST me I was in the new vills and they did have screens. That is a prime consideration for me and I was disapponted to realize that I could have been in the new building and have a screeen.

FF5 I must tell you we told the Salesman what you had said how your trip was not all that great. I hope you get a response from the main office. If you do not, write again and send it registered mail. That way they will know you are serious. Do not let it drop. If you were not happy then your complaint should be acknowleged. BUT I need to say that I did like it very much however, I am now at Vistana Village and I truly like this resort the best.

Wow, the feedback must have worked! The new units DID NOT have screens and the rep told us that they were not planned to be installed. The new units had that raised rail and no screens. If screens were added, this was due to guest feedback that this was needed.

We stayed in building 82 with a 1 year old and 3 year old in May and loved it. Must have been refurbished as furniture and decor were beautiful and spotless. Building 82 is a very short walk to the main pool/main hub. New section/pool were not open yet when we were there, but bridge to get to them was only a short walk. There are elevators but we were on the first floor which was great with the strollers and I liked not having to wait for the elevator. If you can't get building 82, it was clustered with buildings 81 (even closer to pool) and 83 which also looked like good locations.

We were at the Marriott Grand Vista last week and noticed some rooms had screens and some did not. I asked the salesperson about this and her answer was that she didn't know why there was a difference. We thought this was a strange answer from someone trying to make a sale.

I must say that since at least the three of us here have asked the screen question and who know how many others have asked it , it seems strange to me that the salesmen do not have an answer. When we asked our salesperson, she seemed kind of at a loss and to me it was a put on. She said,"well those are the lock off apts and they are ones you would never have if you buy." Frankly that was not a good enough answer for me. I cannot figure what the answer is. I mean they spring for all granite counters and then they cut connors on screens? They also told me that they would not be building any more at this site since the city told them they need more parking and they do not want to comply. I do not know if I believe it but I guess parking is a problem during the busy season (if the middle of July is not the busy season I do not know what is).

Bottom line, if you are getting a good deal stay at this resort.

Is making a request for a certain building through MGV like making a request through Disney? What I guess I should be asking is when should I be making our building request?

Anyone have any info on the new pool? Is it kid friendly and does it compare to the pool at Horizons? Are there units close to the new pool and are those the ones you would want to request? Anyone have any pictures?

Has anyone stayed here recently with an offer from Marriott for a low rate for a few nights and had to take the tour? My friend stayed last Fall for $240 for 4 nights and it came with 2 Disney tickets. She got that deal through her Marriott credit card. I want to know if I can get this kind of deal without getting the card. I got the Starwood Amex instead.
TIA

I called this week to request one of the newer bldgs and was told that they are reserved for owners using their weeks. I traded in through Interval, so not good for me.

Just request a building that has undergone rehab, thay have the new decor as well.

I was told by the salesman that the new buildings were for owners and for the people taking the tour. I had requested builing 91 so it was not a problem for me. If you are taking a tour I am betting they will let you stay in the new buildings. But I have to agree if the building has had a rehab it is just as good. Also, the non rehab buildings were not what anyone would call BAD just not as nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter