Questions about Jack Sparrows show. WDW

Lovehowl

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if his little show "How to be a pirate?" or something like that
is still going on?
I heard from someone that the Jack Sparrows got fired, and I was curious if the show was still going on.

Also I was wonder if the show was any good and if it was worth seeing.

Me and my little sister love Jack Sparrow, and wanted to know if he was still there.

Oh and I was wandering where he or the little show was located?
Epcot, Magic kingdom?

I'm sorry for so many questions.

The Pirate Tutorial is still going on and it was really good. The Capt. Jack that we had was really really good. They get the crowd involved.

If you do that Pirate/Mermaid makeover thing, you are a bit more involved too.

It lasts about 15 minutes.
No autographs or meet & greet though.

Magic Kingdom, right outside Tortuga Tavern

The Pirate Tutorial is still going on and it was really good. The Capt. Jack that we had was really really good. They get the crowd involved.

If you do that Pirate/Mermaid makeover thing, you are a bit more involved too.

It lasts about 15 minutes.
No autographs or meet & greet though.

Magic Kingdom, right outside Tortuga Tavern

Thank you.
My sis may not be able to do the makeover, but she'll be happy to just see him :)

Sad about no meet and greets, but I guess it's ok. Thanks again

It is a great show! It is held on the stage right across from the pirates. :thumbsup2

Ah, I'm really glad to hear they're still doing the show! I love me some Captain Jack! :lovestruc hehe

I'm definitely bummed meet n' greets aren't allowed anymore...sigh. Oh well. I still can't wait! :goodvibes

This past trip my father (age 59) asked if Jack still did his show, and I was so surprised! We happened to catch it by luck, choosing to go to Adventureland at the right time and seeing the show start. The Jack we saw was quite good, and worked well with the kids and the audience.

There was a particularly precious moment, when a young girl got up on stage only to get frightened and start to cry. He stood with a swagger looking for the mother, and said "I have that affect on a lot of women". It was an amazing way of handling it that was truly in character and entertaining.

Here's a couple pix I snapped just a week ago.

2207d93f.jpg
-
e8afa46a.jpg

Ummm, Pirates Tutorial....is it still going on..... I would have to say.....that's an interesting question...... by going on..... ummmmmmm...... Hey *points*... Look, it's the governor's daughter..... pirate:

** Runs to another thread!! **

This past trip my father (age 59) asked if Jack still did his show, and I was so surprised! We happened to catch it by luck, choosing to go to Adventureland at the right time and seeing the show start. The Jack we saw was quite good, and worked well with the kids and the audience.

There was a particularly precious moment, when a young girl got up on stage only to get frightened and start to cry. He stood with a swagger looking for the mother, and said "I have that affect on a lot of women". It was an amazing way of handling it that was truly in character and entertaining.

2207d93f.jpg
-
e8afa46a.jpg

That's amazing and those photos are great!
That poor little girl. I'm a theater girl at heart and I love it when characters
can improve that well. This makes me even more excited.

I showed my little sister your pictures and said "Oh yup uh huh uh huh Imma meet him and hug him and sqeeze him and call him george"

I think seeing him will be a blast. Even if we cant "meet and greet"

2207d93f.jpg
-
e8afa46a.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That is SO Captain Jack! :love:

ok... dumb question...

How are you (lovehowl) posting as a guest... with no post count?

Sigh.......the world may never know. Best to just ignore it at the rate it's going. Otherwise this thread will turn sour as well.

ok... dumb question...

How are you (lovehowl) posting as a guest... with no post count?

Its not a dumb question. I've actually been harassed a little bit about this.

I have no idea why it's happening. I think it's some sort of glitch.
I asked a moderator, and she said she will talk to a webmaster to try and fix it.
I really don't know why it's like this.

Sigh.......the world may never know. Best to just ignore it at the rate it's going. Otherwise this thread will turn sour as well.

Not at all looking to cause controversy over it, I am asking more out of intrigue and curiosity.

Not at all looking to cause controversy over it, I am asking more out of intrigue and curiosity.

No no you're good. :hippie: It just kinda did that in a different thread tis all.

Really no one seems to know why it's like that. Oh well.

Ummm, Pirates Tutorial....is it still going on..... I would have to say.....that's an interesting question...... by going on..... ummmmmmm...... Hey *points*... Look, it's the governor's daughter..... pirate:

** Runs to another thread!! **

ha ha, this is great!

We saw it in May it was cute! Loved it, the Capt Jack was great. Only wish it was shaded, we were so hot, but loved the show. will see it again.

We saw it in May it was cute! Loved it, the Capt Jack was great. Only wish it was shaded, we were so hot, but loved the show. will see it again.

That's great! :)

Well I'm hoping to buy one of those little portable fans so it doesn't get
to overwhelming lol

I'm glad it was good. I'll definitely be seeing it!

We were at Disney last week and we saw this. It is right outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. We stode near the front and did not pay to do the pirate makeover. My son was chosen to go on stage and received a scroll about being a pirate. He was in the middle of the stage, so was right in front of Jack. It was awesome.

Glad to know that he's back doing shows agian. When we went for the first time in '09 I was sad to find out that he'd been taken outta the parks since there were some "un-disney" incidents happening with some of the visitors. That's probably why he won't be doing meet and greets. Oh well it'll be good fun to see him do a show. :)

Glad to know that he's back doing shows agian. When we went for the first time in '09 I was sad to find out that he'd been taken outta the parks since there were some "un-disney" incidents happening with some of the visitors. That's probably why he won't be doing meet and greets. Oh well it'll be good fun to see him do a show. :)

Apparently he was getting "un-disney" attention from some of the older guests. :rotfl2: That probably IS why they cut out meet and greets. In fact he literally runs away at the end of the show and is backstage before you realize he's leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter