Questions about Hotwire SC

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by LuvN~Travel, Jun 24, 2004.

1. LuvN~Travel

LuvN~Travel <font color=blue>A DMV employee noticed that I los

Is Hotwire the one I remember reading about having the discounted gift certificates for restaurants? I know they sell the vouchers, but if I join I'd like to buy other things, too.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Kim

2. javaj

javaj DIS Veteran

Yes, sort of. You can get a 20% rebate on the gift cards you buy from HotwireSavingsClub. There are a lot of gift cards available available, such as Target, Red Lobster, Toys R Us, etc. You purchase $25 gift cards, and in the first week of the following month, you get $5 rebates (credited to your credit card) for each $25 gift card you purchased. So for example, if you bought 4 $25 gift cards today, you would pay $100, and get $20 back during the first week of July.

HTH!
    Josette

3. LuvN~Travel

LuvN~Travel <font color=blue>A DMV employee noticed that I los

Thanks for the info. I wondered how that worked.:)
    Kim

4. SAWYERMAW1

SAWYERMAW1 DIS Veteran

I joined Hotwire Savings Club in March to order vouchers and planned to cancel. I've decided to keep it for a few months and order gift cards to use for Christmas. It's a pretty good deal for stores like Toys R Us, Target, etc. as you can use the gift cards with your 20% discount and still take advantage of any sales the stores have too. I plan to order a few each month between now and Christmas. The shipping is free on the gift cards.

5. Poorman

Poorman DIS Veteran

Just remember if you get the gift cards you must remain a member until you get your credit back on your credit card. You cannot buy the gift cards and cancel before your 30 free trial is over, you must be a member to get the credit back.