Questions about Hollywood Studios

M&E

Mouseketeer
How would you rate these as far as them being enjoyable for a 4 and 5 year old boy?

High School Musical 2
The Great Movie Ride
Sounds Dangerous- Starring Drew Carey
Studio Backlot Tour
Journey Into Narnia
The Magic of Disney Animation

If we only had time to do 2 or 3 of these, which would be best?

Also, are Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! anything alike? If we only had time to see one, which is best? Thanks so much!

High School Musical 2 - If the boy likes to dance, he'll love this.
The Great Movie Ride - There are several scary scenes that might be too intense for a 4 year old. You might think about skipping it.
Sounds Dangerous - Total snoozer no matter what the age. Plus most of it is spent in total darkness, which can be scary for younger children. Skip it.
Studio Backlot Tour - There are some explosions and the Catastrophe Canyon section can be a bit intense, but he might like it.
Journey Into Narnia - This is currently closed for refurbishment, reportedly so that it can be updated for the new "Prince Caspian" movie. If it's anything like what it's been in the past, I think you can skip it.
The Magic of Disney Animation - If he like to draw, he'll love the Animation Academy where he'll learn to draw a Disney character. Plus it's the only place at WDW to meet characters from The Incredibles.

As for Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular -- They're alike in that you sit in an ampitheater and watch a stunt show. But one involves cars and motorcycles and high-speed chases while the other is mostly people fighting and falling from buildings. They're not all that similar. :)

How would you rate these as far as them being enjoyable for a 4 and 5 year old boy?

High School Musical 2
The Great Movie Ride
Sounds Dangerous- Starring Drew Carey
Studio Backlot Tour
Journey Into Narnia
The Magic of Disney Animation

If we only had time to do 2 or 3 of these, which would be best?

Also, are Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! anything alike? If we only had time to see one, which is best? Thanks so much!

Lights, Motors, Action and Indiana Jones are both worth seeing and boys will really like them!
High School Musical 2 is cool if they like dancing and listening to music -- Great Movie Ride gets good at the Gangster Part for kids (if they don't get scared)
Sounds Dangerous - will probably be scared and/or bored (PITCH BLACK and noisy)
Journey into Narnia - BORING
Magic of Animation - ?????

When we took our DS when he was 4 he really liked the Great Movie Ride; it wasn't too scary for him. But he also really liked Star Tours and the Tower of Terror. :scared1:

Sorry to butt in here - but I notice you're talking about High School Musical 2 in Hollywood Studios (the old MGM I assume?).

Last time we went - Feb 2006 - this was not there, I cannot find anything about it on this main site but my Daughter will explode if I cannot!

Please, please help me - any links to it anyone?

Cheers
Ju
:dance3:

WOW, thanks Brian. I looked at the DIS site immediately I read the original thread but didn't look hard enough - difficult with an excited nearly 9 yr old girl bouncing up and down beside you!

OK now I'm English - Pep Rally, is that just another name for a parade? Looks like it is.

Thanks again:cheer2: (my daughter!)

Thanks for the advise so far. But... lets say we really only have time to do one, which should it be:

Indiana Jones or Lights, Motor Action Stunt show?

Took my 5 year old last August.

High School Musical 2 - No clue about this one.

The Great Movie Ride - He went on it, but was semi-scared. He doesn't like darkness and I forgot there was some parts that could be scary like the ALIEN scene.

Sounds Dangerous- Starring Drew Carey - Because my son doesn't like the dark we didn't even attempt this one. However, even if he did like the dark I don't think I would have taken him. In my opinion this is the most wasted space for any Disney attraction. And it is probably the darkest place in all of Disney.

Studio Backlot Tour - We "prepared" son for the catastrophy acnion and he was ok. We didn't let him sit on the edge of the car just in case.

Journey Into Narnia - Did not investigate this.

The Magic of Disney Animation - He liked meeting REMMY here.

Sorry M&E for butting in.

Our 2 really enjoyed Indiana Jones (if you haven't done it before will contain some suprises) and also the Car Stunt thing. I'd see which show has the best times to fit around your plan for the day. Your lad would enjoy both of these I'm sure.

Ju
:dance3:

If you are ready for a nap - go to Sounds Dangerous. Otherwise, skip it.

After rereading the second post I think Lights, Motors Action Stunt show would be better for our boys. I'm not sure I like the idea of them seeing people falling off buildings! Thanks

WOW, thanks Brian. I looked at the DIS site immediately I read the original thread but didn't look hard enough - difficult with an excited nearly 9 yr old girl bouncing up and down beside you!

OK now I'm English - Pep Rally, is that just another name for a parade? Looks like it is.

Thanks again:cheer2: (my daughter!)

You're welcome!

It's not really a parade, although there is a float involved. It makes its way up Hollywood Blvd. and stops in front of the Sorcerer's Hat. That's where the actual show takes place. It has singers and dancers and they invite children to sing and dance along with them. Then it makes its way back down Hollywood Blvd. I think a 9 year old girl would love it. ;)

After rereading the second post I think Lights, Motors Action Stunt show would be better for our boys. I'm not sure I like the idea of them seeing people falling off buildings! Thanks

I think it's the better choice. It's much more high-energy. But be aware that people fall off buildings in that show, too. Just not as many of them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter