• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about free dining?

daystar91

Mouseketeer
Can anyone answer a few questions I have about the free dining in Disney? I have been trying to call Disney for hours and all I get is a busy signal. We have our trip already booked and paid for Oct 25th to Oct.28th. How many nights do you have to stay on property? Which dining package do they offer for free? If I would like to go to the next dining package can I pay the extra? Which tickets do you have to have base or hopper? And for how many days?

It's a 3-night minimum. With value resorts, you get the quick service plan. With mods and deluxes you get the regular dining plan. You can pay extra to upgrade your dining plan. You have to have a minimum of a 2-day ticket and you must add, at least, the hopper or water park option.

Minimum is 3 nights, maximum is 14 nights for the free DP special.

Quick Service is free for value resort reservations and the basic Disney Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, 1 Snack per person per NIGHT) at the moderates and deluxes.

Yes, you would pay the difference between the free dining plan and the upgraded plan you want.

For the first time the FD offer requires at a minimum - 2 day tickets with either the park hopper OR Water Park Fun & More add on.

Can anyone answer a few questions I have about the free dining in Disney? I have been trying to call Disney for hours and all I get is a busy signal. We have our trip already booked and paid for Oct 25th to Oct.28th. How many nights do you have to stay on property? Which dining package do they offer for free? If I would like to go to the next dining package can I pay the extra? Which tickets do you have to have base or hopper? And for how many days?
Disney Free Dining requires a minimum stay of 3 nights, and a minimum purchase of 2-day PH or WPF&M tickets. For All Star resorts (as shown in your Signature), which are Value resorts, the offer would be for the Quick Service Dining Plan. If you wanted to upgrade to regular Disney Dining Plan, the cost per-person/per-day would be $18.05 Adult, $3.20 Child per day. Either Dining Plan includes Refillable Mug for length of stay for each person in a room, and DP costs already have tax included. Table Service meals will cover tax but not include tip, which is normally 18% at WDW. Tickets will be charged 6.5% tax (maybe 7% at All Stars?). Resort tax will be 13% (at All Stars)

And you must pay full price for your room, no discounts, in case you have one now.

We have no other discounts but I have been pricing things out and maybe thinking about upgrading to a moderate resort for the dining package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter