• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

questions about fishing trips

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone had done the fishing trips at wdw? Does the boat have shade at all? Thinking of booking it for DH and DF next Sept, they are big fisherman, if it is cheesy I will skip it. Thanks for the info!

I've never done it, but I've seen the fishing boats out in the morning while relaxing on the terrace in the CR. If I remember correctly they are small boats, no shade cover.

I'm sure someone who has actually taken the excursion will pop up with more info. :)

Everytime that we have gone it has been in a pontoon boat and it has a cover (though the cover is not over all of the seats).

We love it, it is one of the high points of our trip (my DH's screen saver is a picture of him with one of his catches). On our trip last December, we went twice! We have taken it from the Epcot area (the 7am excursion goes into World Showcase) and also from Wilderness Lodge.

Here is some info on the excursions: http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/fish.htm

My DH took the boat from the Yacht Club and he absolutely loved it. I believe he said it was a pontoon boat. The guide takes you all over Epcot and you can catch some huge fish. We are going back in October and he said he would go under one condition- as long as I book him a fishing trip! This time we are both going along with my 5 year old son. Also, the 7:00 a.m. trip is better they say! Have fun!

The boys in our family have done the fishing excursions for the last 5 years and have another planned in just 2 weeks. The boats are not covered. Our boys tend to go first thing in the morning. They love it. Last year, my 6 yr old caught a snapping turtle by the boardwalk. He thought that was great. They have fished out of YC - at Epcot WS and Boardwalk, Wilderness, and I think the Contemporary (????). They most enjoyed the WS. In fact, grandpa is going this year and they are going to the WS again. One year DH caught several fish but his biggest one was about 6". Our sons caught twice as many and their smallest fish was 14". They tease him to this day about his fishing luck.................

DD and I love it when they go fishing because we go to the GF Spa for the morning. We are sharing the GF spa experience this year with Grandma and DH sister. I can't wait!!!!!!

If you can spare the time and the money, it can be one of the highlights of your trip. It helps our family relax. We typically do these about half way through our trip.

My DH and DS went last Christmas from SSR. No cover on boat. They took the midmorning excursion, and I don't think anyone caught a single thing! Nevertheless, I think they enjoyed the relaxation.

We (myself, DH, DF, DB) did the fishing trip last November from the Beach Club and we were in a pontoon boat. I believe there are 2 different boats -- one spefically on a bass boat and the others on a pontoon boat which can hold more people. The pontoon boat has shade over part of the boat. We fished for bass and had a great time. I would say we caught between 25-30 bass in 2.5 hours.

We booked the fishing trip that left from the WL for my Dad for our magical gathering, last August. We booked the earliest possible time slot - before it got too hot. He loved it. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter