Questions about DVC and adding a day

Jco10

Earning My Ears
My in-laws were gracious enough to trade in their RCI point to DVC and got us 1bd at OKW for an amazing amount for 7 nights. The issue is that it is a friday to friday and the airfares are a little high but if we go a day earlier it's a pretty good savings. Can we add one day to the reservation and pay the balance?
Thanks

I've read about people adding a day at either end at one of the values. I'm considering to this for our next trip bc we tend to arrive later in the evening.

My in-laws were gracious enough to trade in their RCI point to DVC and got us 1bd at OKW for an amazing amount for 7 nights. The issue is that it is a friday to friday and the airfares are a little high but if we go a day earlier it's a pretty good savings. Can we add one day to the reservation and pay the balance?
Thanks
Yes, subject to availability. You can either make a cash reservation for that night or you can find a DVC owner who would be willing to rent you the extra night. AFAIK, there is no RCI option to add a night.

You can book an extra day through Disney reservations and pay full rack rate which is high, even in off season.

You could purchase a cash night via the WDW web site. At check-in, discuss with the front desk that you'd like to stay in the same room. It wouldn't be guaranteed, but they would probably work with you. Even if you stay in the same room, you'll still need to do a check-out/check-in on the second morning to change from the cash reservation to the RCI reservation.

DVC members can do this directly with DVC Member Services and have the two reservations linked. I wouldn't think it could be done with a RCI trade-in. It doesn't hurt to call and ask them, though.

Unless the new system is different, they could not link a cash reservation with a points reservation in the past.

Unless the new system is different, they could not link a cash reservation with a points reservation in the past.

When we stayed at SSR in January 2005 we had a cash night the first night (sat) and used points the rest of the week. Did one check in and that was it. So in 2005 they did it.

But RCI is a different animal. It can not be linked, but MS can help you make it as painless as possible.

When we stayed at SSR in January 2005 we had a cash night the first night (sat) and used points the rest of the week. Did one check in and that was it. So in 2005 they did it.

But RCI is a different animal. It can not be linked, but MS can help you make it as painless as possible.

Was the cash night through DVC? I've linked DVC cash nights in the past and didn't have to check-in again but could not link an AP discount reservation, had to check-in again.

Was the cash night through DVC? I've linked DVC cash nights in the past and didn't have to check-in again but could not link an AP discount reservation, had to check-in again.

That's what I meant to say. Cash reservations through MS can be linked. Cash reservations through DRC could not be linked.

Yes thru MS.
When I looked at the OP I do not think she is a DVC member, so she would need to book the night thru CRO as I do not know if MS can help her at all.

We are in our way home from a stay at HHI. We booked our first night with cash through MS and then the next 5 on points. They could not link the reservations (I had called more than one time for other reasons and every CM I spoke to told me the same thing) and we had to return to the front desk to get new keys when our points stay started. This was also the case in June 2012 when we had a cash/points/cash week at OKW...three separate checkins and three separate sets of keys....for 14 people:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter