Questions about Disembarkation day

bellaprincess98

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I just wanted to confirm what I have read here previously about breakfast and luggage.

I've read here that you dont have to put out your luggage the night before, that you can walk out with it on your own. Is that correct?

Also, I wanted to confirm, that you can order coffee and breakfast the night before disembarkation day to have it for the next morning?

My plan is to eat breakfast early in our room, then head out with our luggage.
We are planning to head out to MK that day and I want to get there early.

Thanks!

You can carry off your own luggage. However, there is no room service on disembarkation day so you will have to leave the room to get breakfast. You can order coffee the night before and it should stay warm in the carafe. You could bring some cereal or muffins down from the buffet the day before if you want. We had some extra milks in the fridge the kids had the last day along with some fruit and cereal we didn't eat the day before (in single serving bowls).

You can carry your luggage off. As for breakfast in your room, that isnt quite right. You would have to order coffee the night before and anything you might want to eat the day before as well. Maybe donuts and take baggies and fruit from the day prior? Room service ends at like 1:30am or something. People who eat in their room normally run up to cabannas and bring a tray to their room themselves. The rooms are unlocked at 8am and they are trying to get the rooms tore down around then. If you decide to go to your assigned restaurant that morning, you would need to take all luggage with you.

Just got off the Dream about a week ago.
2 options: 1st is your room Stewart will give you luggage tags before you disembark that designates where your baggage will be if you opt to let DCL handle getting them off the ship for you.
2nd is, breakfast is served at one of the restaurants in your rotation. The night before disembarkation your server will tell you where and give you a ticket, ours was in Enchanted Garden.
You can carry you luggage with you a stack it up outside of the restaurant and go in and eat, grab it after breakfast and carry it off. There will be bell hops right after you go through customs that will handle your bags for a fee.
We thought this might be a lot easier, but the baggage claim area looked pretty organized and we will let the cruise line handle our bags next time.

We did the express debarkation and just ate in Cabanas before walking off the ship with our luggage around 7:05.

I'm glad I asked, Thanks guys!

I'll probably grab something the day before and bring some extra ziplock bags.

Another dumb question: Is there a fridge in the room?

Thanks.

I'm glad I asked, Thanks guys!

I'll probably grab something the day before and bring some extra ziplock bags.

Another dumb question: Is there a fridge in the room?

Thanks.

Yes, if you are talking about the Dream/Fantasy and no, if you are talking about the Wonder/Magic. They have cooling boxes instead of an actual fridge on the Classic Ships.

Yes, if you are talking about the Dream/Fantasy and no, if you are talking about the Wonder/Magic. They have cooling boxes instead of an actual fridge on the Classic Ships.

We had actual fridges in 6544 and 6546 on the Wonder last month.

... I've read here that you dont have to put out your luggage the night before, that you can walk out with it on your own. Is that correct? ...

I just wanted to add to other posts...if you choose to carry your own luggage off, there are no dollys or luggage carts or bellhops to assist. You will need to maneuver all pieces through the hallways, elevators and exit the ship on your own. There is assistance once you reach the terminal, but by then you've probably done 90% of it already. Probably not an issue if your party consists of 2 adults, but if dragging along young kids and extra bags, it could be tricky so I wanted to mention this.

Enjoy your cruise!

I just wanted to add to other posts...if you choose to carry your own luggage off, there are no dollys or luggage carts or bellhops to assist. You will need to maneuver all pieces through the hallways, elevators and exit the ship on your own. There is assistance once you reach the terminal, but by then you've probably done 90% of it already. Probably not an issue if your party consists of 2 adults, but if dragging along young kids and extra bags, it could be tricky so I wanted to mention this.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! and no small children, We have a 9 and 6 year old boys that can help carry.

Also keep in mind if you are doing express walk off, you are requested to be one of the first off the ship.

You will get a letter in your room explaining the debarkation process....it will also be playing non stop on the stateroom TV the last 24 hours or so.

Express Walk-Off is the option of carrying your own bags off and as mentioned you are supposed to be some of the first off the ship. Most who do this are waiting by the big exit doors in the atrium for when they open the doors.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter