Questions about Dining Prices and DDP..

ABDonovan

Mouseketeer
I have a couple of general questions. We're planning to do the dining plan, because we want to splurge on food, during our vacation.

What I'm wondering, is: Is there a cap on how much you can spend at the Table Service? I know it's an entree and a dessert, right? So, are there certain restaurants that you HAVE to eat at?

I 'm also wondering if you can use your dining plan in Downtown Disney?

Also, is there a link to the breakdown of what you get in each meal? (Appetizer, Entree, Desert, Drink?)

There is no cap. If you are in a participating TS restaurant, you may order any entree on the menu.

At DTD, you can use DDP for meals at several restaurants.

QUOTE=ABDonovan;48083548]I have a couple of general questions. We're planning to do the dining plan, because we want to splurge on food, during our vacation.

What I'm wondering, is: Is there a cap on how much you can spend at the Table Service? I know it's an entree and a dessert, right? So, are there certain restaurants that you HAVE to eat at?

No cap, you can order the $42 meal and your spouse can order the $18 meal.
Yes, an entree and dessert. There are certain restaurants, here is the list of participating places:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2013Dining.pdf

and to answer your question below, some restaurants in Downtown Disney are included.

I 'm also wondering if you can use your dining plan in Downtown Disney?[/QUOTE]

I have a couple of general questions. We're planning to do the dining plan, because we want to splurge on food, during our vacation.

Also, is there a link to the breakdown of what you get in each meal? (Appetizer, Entree, Desert, Drink?)

Hi, there is no limit on the dining plan. It includes an entree then a dessert, most restaurants at DTD accept.:):

There are a few restaurants that don't accept the dining plan at all. Victoria & Albert's, the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin, the restaurants at Shades of Green, and bars/lounges like Tutto Gusto and the Rose & Crown pub in general will not accept the dining plan. I can't think of any at DTD that won't accept it now, except places like Wetzels Pretzels and Ghirardelli. Most DTD table service restaurants joined in 2011.

As to how much the meal is worth, it makes no difference. You can order any entree and dessert on the menu. On the deluxe plan, an appetizer is included at table service for lunch and dinner. Even on the deluxe, appetizers are never included at breakfast (nor are desserts on either plan) or at counter service.

Some restaurants, designated "signature," will cost you two TS credits per person. On the regular plan the two credits gets you the same as one credit would at a non-signature: entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage.

You will need to look at a list of disney restaurants on the dining plan. Some of the restaurants with the expensive entrees you refer to are what they call signature restaurants. You have to use 2 Table Service credits for these restaurants. The regular dining plan allows one entree, one dessert and one drink. In order to get the appetiser you would need to either be on the deluxe dining plan or pay the appetiser out of pocket. The only exception is a few places that offer a fixed price set menu e.g Chefs de France. There is a useful table on this website http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan-restaurants.htm

I was considering purchasing the DDP but was wondering if any of the hotel lounges accept the plan? I don't see many of them on this list. For example Wave Lounge, Crew's Cup, etc.

I was considering purchasing the DDP but was wondering if any of the hotel lounges accept the plan? I don't see many of them on this list. For example Wave Lounge, Crew's Cup, etc.

Lounges, as a general rule, don't serve proper entrees, therefore the dining plan doesn't really work with that style of eating.

If you want to order a few small dishes at a lounge, it would be cheaper to pay OOP.

What do you mean that you have to eat at certain restaurants? You can choose any that participate in the dining plan.

Some of the pool bars accept quick service credits. The resort lounges do not accept table service credits although at some you can order from the menu of the adjacent table service restaurant, but it will be OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter