• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about Coronado Springs Resort

Snakes and spiders??? :scared1:

Snakes are frequently seen on the paths and especially in the bushes. There was a story on these boards a while back about a boy who reached into a bush to pick up a toy he bought and he was bitten by a water moccassin. Nasty.

As for the spiders, we saw a massive spider inside a web he had spun in a bush that was right in the middle of a walkway. It was directly across from where the marina used to be, on the path between the front desk and the Cabanas section. I'd imagine it would have been very easy for someone to accidentally get pushed into the bush or inadvertently walk into it, considering it is right in the middle of the path.

Snakes are frequently seen on the paths and especially in the bushes. There was a story on these boards a while back about a boy who reached into a bush to pick up a toy he bought and he was bitten by a water moccassin. Nasty.

As for the spiders, we saw a massive spider inside a web he had spun in a bush that was right in the middle of a walkway. It was directly across from where the marina used to be, on the path between the front desk and the Cabanas section. I'd imagine it would have been very easy for someone to accidentally get pushed into the bush or inadvertently walk into it, considering it is right in the middle of the path.

massive spider? As in tarantula??

I don't mind spiders but I'm terrified of snakes! I saw one in one of the water parks last time I was in Disney but other than that, it was just the little lizards which are adorable. :)

So, if most of the rooms are "unavailable" during the time you want to stay, does that mean there is a convention going on at that time? the only rooms available are standard, Standard View- Business Class, and Junior Suite King!

If so, do conventions affect the resort- food court, the pools, the activities?

I have a question about bus stops. PP's have said the Casita bus stop is the first stop and the Cabanas is the last. However, if you look at the map, it shows a bus stop next to El Centro (by the lobby). Is this stop for the ME only? If not- if it is a stop for the Park buses, where is that stop on the bus loop?

I have a question about bus stops. PP's have said the Casita bus stop is the first stop and the Cabanas is the last. However, if you look at the map, it shows a bus stop next to El Centro (by the lobby). Is this stop for the ME only? If not- if it is a stop for the Park buses, where is that stop on the bus loop?

There are 4 bus stops to the parks. The buses to the parks go in this order:

stop 2 (Casitas)
stop 3 (Ranchos)
stop 4 (Cabanas)
stop 1 (El Centro)

There is also a ME stop further up at El Centro.

So, if most of the rooms are "unavailable" during the time you want to stay, does that mean there is a convention going on at that time? the only rooms available are standard, Standard View- Business Class, and Junior Suite King!

If so, do conventions affect the resort- food court, the pools, the activities?

Not necesarrily.

They alot a certain amount of rooms for different booking category's. You would have to search with rack rate, free dining, room discount, and PIN codes.

Also each resort has to enter the room inventory into the system individually. How far in advance are you looking? They may not have entered everything to the end of 2015. And being a convention resort they made hold rooms back until a cetain date "just in case" someone wants to book a convention.

There are 4 bus stops to the parks. The buses to the parks go in this order:

stop 2 (Casitas)
stop 3 (Ranchos)
stop 4 (Cabanas)
stop 1 (El Centro)

There is also a ME stop further up at El Centro.

I'm confused. So this means that the bus to the parks starts at Casitas then goes to Ranchos, then Cabanas and the last stop is El Centro?

Then what do the numbers mean? Why is there a 2 next to Casitas?

I'm confused. So this means that the bus to the parks starts at Casitas then goes to Ranchos, then Cabanas and the last stop is El Centro? Then what do the numbers mean? Why is there a 2 next to Casitas?

The theme park buses come in and go to stop 2, casitas. Then stop 3, ranchos, 4, Cabanas, and finally to 1, el centro, before proceeding out the front of the resort. The downtown Disney bus however comes in a different way, and stops at el centro first, then casitas, ranchos, and cabanas before exiting the resort. This allows guests to take a bus from their village to el centro and also back to their village, if they choose not to walk.

Not necesarrily.

They alot a certain amount of rooms for different booking category's. You would have to search with rack rate, free dining, room discount, and PIN codes.

Also each resort has to enter the room inventory into the system individually. How far in advance are you looking? They may not have entered everything to the end of 2015. And being a convention resort they made hold rooms back until a cetain date "just in case" someone wants to book a convention.

I was looking at November 2015. All the other resorts I looked at during this time had all of their rooms listed as available. So when I saw all the "unavailable" I automatically thought it meant a conference has been booked that far in advance. Thank you for clarifying.

I was looking at November 2015. All the other resorts I looked at during this time had all of their rooms listed as available. So when I saw all the "unavailable" I automatically thought it meant a conference has been booked that far in advance. Thank you for clarifying.

Yeah, that's more than a year away. My guess is there will be lots of availability when then load it. Just keep checking.

Thank you! I will keep looking. I don't plan on booking anything until about March.

Does anyone have any pics of the buildings? I'm not very knowledgeable about mexican/sw themeing and would love to see what each area looks like.

Thank you! I will keep looking. I don't plan on booking anything until about March.

Does anyone have any pics of the buildings? I'm not very knowledgeable about mexican/sw themeing and would love to see what each area looks like.

Google Coronado Springs resort and then click on images and there are tons of cool pics to look at.....We are in Casitas and they look so pretty..Love the landscaping. Can't wait to be there!!!:cool1:

We stayed at CSR last December for 9 days and fell in love with the resort. I'm headed back this November, and was really disappointed that it's completely booked for the dates we're staying.

We had no issues at all with the bus service on the days we used it (we also rented a car, so didn't use it all the time).

We were a little leery of the Pepper Market as we had read a lot of complaints, but we had breakfast every morning, and lunch a couple of times, and thought the food was excellent. We didn't eat at Maya grill as I don't do Mexican, LOL!

I faxed a letter a few days before we arrived requesting a room in a section near the main area -- not sure if it helped or not, but we ended up in an area that was great, and ended up with a free upgrade of our room as well! I can't remember the section we were in, but it was a very short walk to the restaurant/market area. I think it might have been Casitas?

Here's a couple of photos I took of the grounds -- it's an absolutely gorgeous resort. It is a large resort, in fact it took us a couple of days to figure out the best way to get where we wanted to go, we kept getting lost in the courtyards, LOL!

1401564_10152021812577557_1921857046_o.jpg

1473009_10152021813007557_1458628633_n.jpg

1412650_10152021814272557_951183834_o.jpg

Happy to see all the great reviews of CSR! We will be staying there for the 1st time Oct 3. We have FD and booked a preferred room.

We have previously stayed at POP :-)thumbsup2), POR :-)thumbsup2:thumbsup2) and in July, my dd 10 had a school conference and we were able to stay at the GF for cheap, cheap. I would give it 10 thumbs up if I could.

We were spoiled by the deluxe experience, but looking forward to trying someplace new with CSR! :)

This resort looks great! I can't wait to stay here with my family.

Definitely put in your requests, but remember they are just that... requests. We went during FD in Oct last year, the resort was sold out. We didn't get any of our requests, but even so had a spectacular time and loved the resort. We were in 6A, ground floor corner, literally one of the furthest rooms from El Centro. It was still really close to the Dig Site, super peaceful area with a nice view of a pond (standard room), close to stop 3. Maybe a 5 minute brisk walk to El Centro, but we had a rental car and would just zip there in the morning from my coffee/mug refills and also refilled the mugs at the pool bar. Buses were great, loved the resort music, but we drove to AK. We saved our FD credits for the parks and DTD, so can't comment on the resort eats. We had bfast in our room at times too after a stop to get some groceries.

Have a great time, it is a beautiful resort!

We are concerned that we keep hearing that this resort is so big. We will be staying there from Oct 9-18th. So based on this, hear are my questions:
1. What is the best room/building to request to be close to the bus stop, food and the main pool with the slide?

2. Are there long lines for the busses at the parks to get back and forth to the resort? Standing room only on the busses?

3. What are your experiences at this resort? Good and Bad.

4. Are the rooms nice?

5. Any tips?

Just returned from our first stay and LOVED it:goodvibes I was concerned about the size also, as DH hates the size of POR and neither of us liked the distance from our AOA LM room to the main bldg. in Feb. But, I honestly do not feel that it "feels" that big! We requested Cabanas based on suggestions from this board, but got Casitas 4 which I think is a perfect area. First bus stop, no more than 4-5 min walk to main bldg. and only a couple minutes more to the main pool. Bus stop was right outside our room. No area is perfect for 1st bus stop/best proximity to main pool & main bldg. but each area has its pros as far as location. However, I think being in Casitas is a pretty good deal.
We never had lines for busses, they were never crowded going to any park regardless of what bus stop guests got on at. However it was a VERY low crowd time and I'm sure that will effect this. There were some nights when we returned from parks at closing that people had to stand but that happens at every resort when you leave at park closing. Being in casitas though, we were the first ones off:thumbsup2
As I said, we LOVED CSR and won't hesitate to stay there again! We still prefer the deluxes but between here and POFQ, the other mod we've stayed at, we'd pick CSR. Beautiful, peaceful, very comfy beds, and we thought Pepper Market was fine. We ate at Maya Grill our first night and it was one of, if not the best meal of our trip! The boys kept asking to go back but I had other plans all set up lol.
DS8 and DH saw a mid-size alligator lounging right out of the water near the bridge between the Casitas and Cabanas on 2 days, and saw one floating in the water another day. When they saw the one on land about 8 people were standing around watching him and he didn't move.

TIP: you can see the Frozen fireworks from here and they're gorgeous:cloud9: Better from the park of course but we watched them 2 other nights from resort. We went out front of El Centro, just to the right of the entrance. I believe you can also see them from one of the bridges between 2 sections.

Just returned from our first stay and LOVED it:goodvibes I was concerned about the size also, as DH hates the size of POR and neither of us liked the distance from our AOA LM room to the main bldg. in Feb. But, I honestly do not feel that it "feels" that big! We requested Cabanas based on suggestions from this board, but got Casitas 4 which I think is a perfect area. First bus stop, no more than 4-5 min walk to main bldg. and only a couple minutes more to the main pool. Bus stop was right outside our room. No area is perfect for 1st bus stop/best proximity to main pool & main bldg. but each area has its pros as far as location. However, I think being in Casitas is a pretty good deal.
We never had lines for busses, they were never crowded going to any park regardless of what bus stop guests got on at. However it was a VERY low crowd time and I'm sure that will effect this. There were some nights when we returned from parks at closing that people had to stand but that happens at every resort when you leave at park closing. Being in casitas though, we were the first ones off:thumbsup2
As I said, we LOVED CSR and won't hesitate to stay there again! We still prefer the deluxes but between here and POFQ, the other mod we've stayed at, we'd pick CSR. Beautiful, peaceful, very comfy beds, and we thought Pepper Market was fine. We ate at Maya Grill our first night and it was one of, if not the best meal of our trip! The boys kept asking to go back but I had other plans all set up lol.
DS8 and DH saw a mid-size alligator lounging right out of the water near the bridge between the Casitas and Cabanas on 2 days, and saw one floating in the water another day. When they saw the one on land about 8 people were standing around watching him and he didn't move.

TIP: you can see the Frozen fireworks from here and they're gorgeous:cloud9: Better from the park of course but we watched them 2 other nights from resort. We went out front of El Centro, just to the right of the entrance. I believe you can also see them from one of the bridges between 2 sections.

Thanks for the review!!

I agree Casitas 4 is an awesome location. We had an awesome 14 night stay in that section Dec. 2011. I use the fitness center, so it was great having it right there. We had a corner room on the 4th floor facing the lagoon and you can see the high fireworks from Illuminations quite well from the railing up there. Because we have no little kids and the quiet pool at Casitas 4 is extra large we just used it. I think we only went to the Digsite once that trip. The area by the quiet pool and in between 3 and 4 was great to lounge around in the evenings.

We stay Business Class at CSR now because of the guaranteed location, but if there was an option to guarantee Casitas 4 we would definately consider it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter