Questions About Christmas 2011 at the Fort

rebelstand

Mouseketeer
Ladies and Gents,
First off I know it's a bit early to be thinking about this and I am sorry if anyone finds it annoying. Christmas 2011 is well over a year away and we haven't even made our first trip to the Fort...yet. Although from what I've heard....I am quite convinced that I will love the Fort. Anyway I have this, we'll call it.. strong urge to spend Christmas of 2011 at Disney World(really wanted to do it this year..but grandparent obligations got in the way). So I was wondering a few things.

Does anyone have any idea how quickly FW books up at this time of year?

What is is actually like to be at the WDW on Christmas Day? Is it a quiet family day? Or are there many things to do? Or would I want to plan to be there before to see "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" (I noticed that this year it doesn't run after the 19th).

I had one CM tell me the best time to come is Thanksgiving. She said to come Thanksgiving Day to MK then return the day after to see all the new Christmas Decorations.

Is the annual pass worth getting if you are planning two trips to Disney in one calendar year? I also have a mild urge to go for Halloween as well.......Is there "Disneyitis"...I may be coming down with it.......

Thanks!!

We have made Christmas at the Fort our new family tradition since 2003. We visit every year except for last year when my DM was in the final stages of breast cancer. We are all set for 8 days 12/18-12/26. In past years we have visited the parks on different days but now prefer to stay "home" at the Fort. Last time (2008) we didn't visit any theme parks. Instead we did some neat stuff. For example, one of my presents to DW and DS was the Segway tour of the Fort on Christmas Day. They loved it. The day after my present to them was horse back riding. On another day, I gave son a ride in the Petty Experience stock car. We spent Christmas Eve on the beach at Daytona. It was wonderful having left a major blizzard back home to sit in 85 degree warmth watching kids making sandmen rather than snowmen. Resort hopping is another "free" activity. The resorts are so beautifully decorated at Christmas! Not to mention just plain old relaxing. You will love it.

We are also planning our first trip to the Fort, Christmas 2011. I can't wait to start planning!

I would most definitely make your reservations NOW!!!

Yes, an annual pass is definitely worth it for two trips in one year!!!

Christmas at the parks is NUTS.

Yeah, the Christmas parties stop mid-december. After mid-december, most of the stuff offered at the Christmas party is offered in the park during regular park hours. (The Christmas parade, the Christmas fireworks, the holiday shows.)

However, the crowds during that time are NUTS!!

Christmas decorations in the parks start going up early NOVEMBER!!!

The resorts start decorating closer to Thanksgiving.

No longer any such thing as coming to the park one day without Christmas decorations and coming back the next day to see it all decorated. They just don't spend the money to doecorate that quickly any longer. It is done in stages. All work is still done at night, but over many weeks.

Halloween at the Fort is FUN!!!!!!!! Try to manage it!!

DH and I are discussing it. He's thinking he'd rather go in the value season between Thanksgiving & Christmas...he's not so big on crowds. I was thinking more of being there for the actual day....but if the crowds are nuts...maybe his idea is better. After all we'd still get to see the decorations.

I thought someone on hear posted a picture of what the crowd looks like on Christmas Day. After seeing that picture I would never go near MK at least on Christmas Day.

TouringPlans.com gives the whole week there a 10 out of 10 for crowd levels as apposed to 3 to 6 for the beginning of December.

Dan

DH and I are discussing it. He's thinking he'd rather go in the value season between Thanksgiving & Christmas...he's not so big on crowds. I was thinking more of being there for the actual day....but if the crowds are nuts...maybe his idea is better. After all we'd still get to see the decorations.

:thumbsup2

We do this every year and it's FABULOUS!!!

Just be sure to put your tree up at home before you leave, or you'll be sorry! Made that mistake one year and it was way too rushed ;)

:santa:

We have a 6 foot Disney tree that stays up all year and a Santa that pops up to about 6 feet that used to sing. Is that sufficient for home? We're gone from before Christmas to after New Years. All of our "good stuff" comes to WDW with us, unless the weight becomes too much for the trailer. :goodvibes

Dan,
I passed on that information to DH and it's decided. Value Season before Christmas is the way to go. Although, wish someone would post that picture again...just for curiosity's sake.
Thanks to every one for helping figure this out.

So next question would be Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.....

does daily admission to the park get included or is this a very separate event?
Kids will be 7 & 10 next christmas...your never too old for this right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter