Questions about Cape May Cafe buffet and Hoop Dee Doo...

My questions are this...Tell me about HDDR would you? It is listed as 2 hours long. How do they work that out? They seat everybody then start bringing drinks. Does the show start before they ever bring you the food? Does it take a real long time before all the servers get food out to everybody or do they have plenty of servers around to wait on everybody? At some point you get through eating and are just sitting there watching the show? And how would you rate the food? Good food?

We loved HDDR! We booked the last show of the night, at 9:00 I think. So they only had about a fourth of the seats filled, which worked well for us. The food came quickly and drinks come quickly, but there were tons of servers even for that few of people.

We walked in, and the salads and bread were already on the table. They gave us our drinks and said the show would start soon. The show was stop and go. They would come out when you were waiting for your food/dessert and done with each. We really liked the food, especially the strawberry shortcake dessert! They pulled my son up on the stage for help with one of their bits, which made our night! Again, I think that was the advantage of us being front and center with not a full crowd.

And about the Cape May Cafe buffet. AT almost $50 per person that is extreme as far as price goes. I understand how they are able to give you all you can eat Crab Legs because they charge everybody so much to eat there. Is the seafood good quality seafood or did you not like the quality of the food there? I know everybody will have different opinions, just trying to gauge if it is worth going there. I thought about going twice because DD is a Crab leg fanatic and to be able to have all you can eat Crab legs TWICE during our trip would be awesome for her. We would go one night when they had fried Fish and one night when they had fried Shrimp. So what's your opinion on that place?

We have been there twice. Once on the DDP, and once OOP. On the DDP, we thought it was totally worth it. OOP, not so much. The crab legs, while good, are on the small side. The other food was very good as well, especially a seafood pasta they had, and the oreo bon bons for dessert! Was it worth 100 bucks for two people, though? No.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter