Questions about Annual Passholders

Anubis7

Earning My Ears
Hello Disers!
I had a few questions regarding our DLR trips so I thought, that some of you may know the answers.
So my Dad and I are living in LA for the next 9 months and because I love Disney (my Dad does it too, but he tries not to show it too much :goodvibes ), we are considering buying an Annual Pass. We are looking at the 215 days pass, but we are not so sure about the 315 days pass. So my first question is: Has any you southern California familys one of those tickets and if so, which would you advise to us?
Then, in our local Ralph's they had this passes in card-form for about 20 bucks cheaper, but instead of 215/315 they had written over 200/300 days. Do you know where I could find out which 15 days would be missing? And would it still be the same pass (10% off on merchandising, dining, Downtown Disney)?
I hope some of you can answer the questions and I already thank you now.
I'm sorry if I annoy you, because I'm sure that there are a lot of those threads.
Greetings Anubis7

I have a feeling that the cheaper pass either you miss read it or it's not a current AP. Sometimes grocery stores don't change out thier GCs when deals end and they sit on the shelf pass thier expiration date.

I'd really consider when you are able to go to the parks, and if you could make use of it. The Socal passes are blocked on many Saturdays, holidays and in summer. So you may be out of luck at the end of your nine months there. Though if you just want a day ticket for a blockout day it's $59, but after a couple you are close to the next level of AP.

This is the list of Socal APblockout dates in the link below.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/southern-california/blockout-dates/

For about $100 more you get 100 more days with a Delux AP and then you get time in the summer, but miss out on most Saturdays and Holidays.

Another thing to consider is how you get to park. If driving, it costs currently $15 a day to park. If one of you goes, and the other just goes sometimes, it would be worth it to add parking for $99 to the pass always going.

If you decide on Delux, and then add parking you are just about to the price of a Premium AP. The Premium gets a higher discount on dining and merchandise to make up for the price difference. It also includes parking and has no blockout days.

If you aren't sure, you can start with the low pass and upgrade to a higher level at the ticket booths by paying the difference in pass cost. The expiration date will remain the same.

It depends on when you are able to go to the parks. If you are a M-F type of employee (DW is a school dist. employee) the the SoCal passes will not work for you. We have always done 1 deluxe and 1 premium pass. That way we get parking and the extra discounts.

disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/ check out the blackout dates before you buy. Just going on 1 blackout date will bring the $ up to the next level.

It depends on when you are able to go to the parks. If you are a M-F type of employee (DW is a school dist. employee) the the SoCal passes will not work for you. We have always done 1 deluxe and 1 premium pass. That way we get parking and the extra discounts.

We rarely went during the week and still used our passes - we had the 215 day SoCal passes and I thought they were fabulous. We would get up early on Sunday and drive to the park and be there as close to opening as we could - spend most of the day there and then leave around 5pm. I always felt we got our money's worth out of those tickets. We chose not to renew this year due to some financial constraints and scheduling issues. Now the prices have been raised - it might not be worth it, but it was for the past couple of years. (For Us, anyways).

Keep in mind to buy the So Cal passes you will need to prove residency. I'm not sure what they need now but when we first got our AP's the CM said they would need bills (like electric bills) and So Cal ID. We were buying Deluxe APs then so it wasn't an issue (we do not live in So Cal, we are in Nor Cal) but I just wanted to mention that you do need to prove residency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter