Questions About Adult Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many East Coast late bookers end up with late seating because that is what is available when they book as well. Then there are people who just like late seating.

Also, those who book Florida Resident rates or Castmember Rates also usually get late seating as they have to book so late. And, as another poster mentioned, it isn't always possible to change tables if you decide you don't like your tablemates.

OP - Based on your last post I suggest you find a different cruise line. While it is true that you have had successful childfree WDW vacations it is much easier to get away from kids there than it is on a cruise ship where you can only go so far.

Yes DCL does a great job of keeping the adult only areas free from kids but do you really want to spend your entire vacation in just those few areas....seems like a waste to me. You are paying a premium price with DCL for things such as the shows, deck parties, etc.. and honestly if you do not intend to do those things then why would you not choose another (probably cheaper) cruise line where you are far less likely to encounter kids?

Miss Jasmine - I actually checked the joined date for this poster because like you I was having GG flashbacks. :eek: At the very least I think the OP and GG might be kindred spirits.

I am not a complete idiot nor do I have rose colored glasses on. I did notice the Giant set of ears so I would be deluding myself if I expected a 7 days rugrat free festival. That being said: I will spend my free time in the adult only lounges, period. Dinner is the late seating and if we are seated with a family with kids we will request to be moved. It would be incredibly selfish and shortsighted of me to expect a completely childfree dining room.('cept Palos, of course)

We don't do shows so that's not even a factor. Don't do the pool side activities either. Own just about every Disney flick on DVD so don't need to watch anything under the stars. Will probably skip the Pirate Party altogether.

I am confident that we will be able to enjoy an adult centric cruise without too much trouble. If I find otherwise, then I will not sail Disney again and will return to those lines that do not offer kids programs which will lessen the likelihood of them being on board. But I figure if I can spend a week at WDW and not have my trip ruined, then I should be able to handle a week underway no sweat.

I do not mind properly raised kids acting appropriately to their age. I have a far LESS tolerance of idiot parents who think vacation means from EVERYTHING, inclduing teaching thei rkids manners or holding them to standrads appropriate for their age and delevlopmental skills.

I realize that everyone has a right to their opinion, but I just have to ask why would you even go on a Disney Cruise is you wanted to avoid kids? I mean there are so many other cruise lines out there? We have cruised Disney without kids, but we pretty much knew that there would be plenty of kids on the ship, and didn't expect to have a total cruise with only adult time. Also, being a parent I know that just because you raise your children right and teach them manners doesn't mean that they always use them as much as we wish they would, after all they are kids and not perfect.

No kids, but we still love cruising with Disney. We've seen several instances where a CM has, very politely yet very "this is not open for debate or discussion"-ly, enforced the rules. And a previous poster was right, you're only going to run into issues with "Entitlement Mom" or "Entitlement Dad".

For instance, we were down in the 'sports bar' area during a college football game on a Saturday night when an E-Dad comes in, dragging three toddlers, pulls up a comfy chair, sits down, puts his feet up, and starts cheering (obnoxiously loud) for his team (I won't say who it was, but it rhymed with "Botre Bame". Within probably 30 seconds, one of the servers had come over and quietly informed him that the bar was for adults only. It took him five minutes to be convinced that the rules applied to him, and another three minutes to gather up his kids and leave, complaining the whole time. Luckily, he did most of his complaining during a commercial break, so nobody threw anything at him, but it was getting close there for a while.

The other unfortunate place where you're going to be knee-deep in the precious little darlings is on some excursions. But again, well-raised children aren't a problem. We went on the 7-hour Tulum ruins trip last year (which was just flat amazing). The people behind us on the bus were great. They had about a seven-year-old. The kid read a book, listened to the tour guide, asked his mom a couple of questions, and basically just sort of went with the flow.

The people a few rows ahead of us, however, needed slapped. They brought a hyperactive 3-year-old who had no more interest in a 45-minute boat ride followed by an hour-long bus ride followed by walking around in the hot sun and looking at buildings than he did in doing math homework. That family had been a couple rows in front of us a one of the shows, and the kid had spent the whole show standing up, waving around a banner, hitting people in the head, talking loudly, and generally being a nuisance, and completely unchecked by the parents. Then we got a good look at mom and dad, and we're pretty sure they were dipping into Junior's meds. I don't know if they were stoned, shell-shocked, or brain-damaged, but there was just nobody home. But the rest of us had to deal with this little monster all day, yelling, running up the bus aisle, bumping into people. So frustrating.

~ Mommasita here, I edited out those derogatory terms...~

Why would you want to do a Disney Cruise if you were not a child yourself.
Thats what it is all about. Don't come on a cruise if you are going to sit and watch, complain, and judge the parents of the children being children... I am sure if we asked your parents how you were as a child, you may fit some of the same children you dislike.

Children learn by doing and if doing is wrong they learn its wrong and how to do it correctly.. I for one do not want an adult 3 year old or an adult 10 year old, I want a child.

You are childless for your reasons and I dont care what they are, but don't judge the parents of children, unless you have them your self.

Stay home or go on the other cruise lines and stop being a pain in my butt.

thanks

goodness, I am shocked at the tone of several apparant non-breeders and child haters....I can only hope never to be stuck dining at their tables!

Closing this disastrous thread for obvious reasons. I don't know if it the time of year, but I have never seen so many rude, sarcastic, and downright MEAN posts.

Do not be restarting this thread, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter