Questions about ABD California Backstage Magic

But you'd only have one day remaining to use (on check out day), is that correct? Coz the other 3 days would be used within the tour?

Yes.

Your ticket expires when the park closes on the farewell day of your Adventure.

ABD tickets can not be extended, upgraded, used towards an annual pass, transferred.....pretty much nothing more than park hopping for the guest during the dates of the Adventure.

This is a hard and fast ABD policy. Trust me....I have tried to fight this battle and I have never won.

The tickets are what they are.

If we need an extra day or 2 of tickets, what's the best way to purchase?

Is there free WiFi at DLR?

What are the FPs that the tour notes mentioned? For one attraction? Multiple?

On a roll with my questions now! :lmao:

They give out FPs on 2 days of the trip, DL day and CA day, based on what I read on trip reports. Not sure about arrival night, but if you are going in Oct on the mid month Adults only, in the past this has been a Halloween party the first night you are in Anaheim, which is a Tuesday night.

The FP's from my trip was several "any ride" fast passes per person except for RSR which would not take the FP's. The guides would give extra FP's as needed. I believe we received FP's every DLR day during our adventure.

Here is the info on tickets:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/tickets.htm

Not sure if there is a respectable ticket re-seller for DL Tickets.

I know that DL had a large deployment of Wifi and cellular enhancements around the same time as WDW (deployed by CrownCastle). I remembering having to use my own Wifi everywhere due to lack of available bandwidth. But that may have changed in the last two years

We got 5 free fastpasses per person each day we were at DL. They were good on any attraction except Matterhorn and Radiator Springs Racers. There are only 5 or 6 Fastpass attractions at each park. Yes there is Wifi in the parks.

Thank you again, everyone is so helpful! :goodvibes

So was the Halloween Party included as part of the tour on the first night? Coz normally that's just a welcome dinner night isn't it?

I think we'd like to go even if it isn't in the tour (guess we'll wait nearer the time to book and see if we've heard anything about the party being included first).

So that leads me on the another train of thought...
Do you get a more detailed itinerary of timeslots before you go? I'm thinking if we want to book parties or meals etc. how will we know what time our tour activities finish to tell if we'll have time for parties or what time to make a meal reservation for?

The itinerary that ABD sends out is pretty much the one that you get online. They don't give a detailed itinerary cause things can change unexpectedly and it's much easier to deal with changes if things are not written down in stone.

From my own experience on this trip, if I was going to book a sit down meal on any of the days, it would have been for dinner on the full Disneyland Day. I would plan for a dinner reservation no earlier than 5-5:30. We saw the afternoon parade and unlike in Florida, the afternoon parade in California runs at 4pm so it was 4:30 by the time they let us go for the day.

Useful info, thanks!

Do you get to see Fantasmic as part of the tour? It just mentions "evening firework spectacular" but I assumed that was castle fireworks rather than Fantasmic?

Useful info, thanks!

Do you get to see Fantasmic as part of the tour? It just mentions "evening firework spectacular" but I assumed that was castle fireworks rather than Fantasmic?

We saw Fantasmic only as part of our BSM but that is because both the Fireworks and World of Color were down for refurbishment for the Diamond Celebration.

So it won't necessarily always definitely be part of the tour?

Crossing my fingers Paint the Night is included this year! Anyone done ABD since this parade has been offered?

We went in April of 2009 and October of 2014. We did not see Fantasmic on either of our trips. However, it may be that it was only showing on the weekends during those weeks.

We went in April of 2009 and October of 2014. We did not see Fantasmic on either of our trips. However, it may be that it was only showing on the weekends during those weeks.
I need to figure out how to make sure we catch it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter